by suyogkandel

Original Post

CPU temperature exceeds 90 degrees instantly on i5-8250U with radeon 530 2 gb

★ Novice

Dell Inspiron 5570

i5-8250U

radeon 530 2GB

always plugged in while gaming

gpu temp stays at 70 degrees white the cpu temp excees 90 degrees while playing Apex Legends on LOW settings...

\

Message 1 of 5 (1,690 Views)

Re: CPU temperature exceeds 90 degrees instantly on i5-8250U with radeon 530 2 g

Hey

Does your CPU also exceeds 90 degrees when you play other games ?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,680 Views)

Re: CPU temperature exceeds 90 degrees instantly on i5-8250U with radeon 530 2 g

★ Novice

PUBG MOBILE emulator - 50 degrees 

CS:GO - 80-85 degrees

Apex Legends - 88 - 98 degrees 

All on low settings 

Message 3 of 5 (1,661 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had a quick google and turns out it is normal the CPU gets around those temperatures and then start thermal throttling.

This is fine as long this is not when this happens in idle.

The I5-8250U has a max operating temperature of 100°C but this will only be reached in rare cases.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @suyogkandel/.

It's worth taking a look at the heat values of your laptop,  you can use something like HWMonitor to do this: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Just a note, this HWMonitor a third party program and as such we don't endorse or support it so read up a little on it before installing.

Using HWMonitor you'll be able to see if your system is overheating and causing the issue.

If you are playing on a laptop you should ensure that when in use you have your laptop resting on a hard and flat surface so as not to obstruct your laptop's airflow. It's also worth going ahead and cleaning the vents on your laptop. If it is a desktop you are running the game on then I would suggest reapplying thermal paste to the CPU and ensuring that all your fans are working and vents are clean.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,623 Views)