Re: Bug found and fixed slow Windows login screen cause "Origin web helper&

by broadrap

Original Post

★★★ Novice

1. Yes, it is. I don't actually care on antimalware software, it's stock for Win7, seems to be fine and doesn't give performance impact.

The thing is just an indicator for origin case - it shows red icon as it's unable to start in time because the services' startup is delayed by origin helper.

The another indicator is that some network settings not being able to completely initialize. While it's actually working fine, but the tray icon doesn't think so and shows connection problem.

In my case I never experienced logon slowdowns, but instead I have other problems that disappear as I disable origin service.

Probably this is the case of service loading queue and in your case it just starts earlier than mine so it impacts logon.

2. It is enabled and set automatic.

Taking all this into account I may assume the problem is not fixed.

The service doesn't seem to be required and I don't understand why they always try to force its startup with each update.

Message 11 of 16 (646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is EA kidding us with this ? I mean, come on, it's been months and still no fix ? I had to troubleshoot my son's PC for two hours last night just to find the culprit.

So in short: the service is there, set to automatic, even if "Autostart with Windows" and "Origin web helper service" are both set to off and it alone is causing the two minute startup

delay, as Event Viewer clearly shows.

Every Origin update switches the service back to automatic and the boot delay is back.

Is it so hard to grasp that some of us don't want the service running ? Who's gonna reimburse me for the time spent fixing my son's PC ? Time is money, isn't that a corporation's favorite phrase ?

And please, no 'uninstall Origin" solutions, I paid for my games and I want to be able to play them whenever I want without your client bringing my PC to a crawl. Thanks !

Message 12 of 16 (631 Views)

★ Guide

Seeing constant deluge of Origin web helper errors in the event viewer.  Had to stop it spamming the event log with errors.  What is wrong with this thing?

I wondered if its because I use Windows 7 and this seems to be very badly supported by BF1?   Also I use firefox which seems to sometimes have issues.

Security is Webroot which used to see origin itself as malware for quite a while. Been fine for a long time now though.

Message 13 of 16 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Why this thread tagged as "Solved" , it is not and Origin web helper service still cause windows to slow startup and while disable the service or set it to manual may solve the problem temporarily , and only until the next origin update , we need a proper and permanent solution EA .

Message 14 of 16 (505 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's a year already since this bug was reported and NOTHING DONE BY EA.

Each origin update the service is forced to reinstall itself or forces autostart and breaks my boot.

Each reboot I see this if I forget to disable the Origin Web Helper Service:

origin-web-helper-disables-network.png

The Windows Defender is disabled, the network marked connecting forever.

The service BREAKS the windows service startup queue.

This is RIDICULOUS!

Message 15 of 16 (436 Views)

★ Novice

When is this gong to be fixed I pay too much money to play on this site and its not working fixs it or give me my money BACK 

Message 16 of 16 (294 Views)