Re: Blank Screen on Origin

by Eldylto001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Blank Screen on Origin

★★★★ Novice

So who else is having this problem.

from what I can tell it's happening mainly in Australia, and has been going on for almost a week now! I got a reply from EA help from their facebook page about it, and they are aware of it. But it seems to have no effect.

this is really disappointing as I was looking forward to playing the new Sims expansion. I can't even play my games, and the compatibility made trick actually did not work!

Message 1 of 6 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Australian here too. I appear to have solved this issue for myself by doing two things:

1. Temporarily disabling my Kaspersky Internet Security (pause protection) in full when I want to start up the Origin Client.
  2. Followed KarateKirk's suggestion on Windows 10 of force-enabling the .NET Framework (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off) for v3.6 and v4.5 in full.

The first part stops the "Black Screen on Origin" after trying to load the application and stopping it after successfully logging in. The second part has significantly stabilized the application and made it far more reliable.

My testing is continuing, but I thought that this could be useful information to you too if you are on Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (357 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
Message 2 of 6 (355 Views)

★ Guide

Australian here too. I appear to have solved this issue for myself by doing two things:

1. Temporarily disabling my Kaspersky Internet Security (pause protection) in full when I want to start up the Origin Client.
  2. Followed KarateKirk's suggestion on Windows 10 of force-enabling the .NET Framework (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off) for v3.6 and v4.5 in full.

The first part stops the "Black Screen on Origin" after trying to load the application and stopping it after successfully logging in. The second part has significantly stabilized the application and made it far more reliable.

My testing is continuing, but I thought that this could be useful information to you too if you are on Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional.

Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tips, I don't have Windows 10 atm (Trailed it, but didn't like it) But i'll give the antivirus a try tonight.

Funny enough the origin website is working on my internet browser at work.

Message 4 of 6 (328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally got it working after a week, I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, but this time I turned my antivirus off! Now I can finally play the Vampiers pack!

thanks a heap for your help

Message 5 of 6 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Excellent news. Large smile

Message 6 of 6 (298 Views)