Bioware Points price increase (in euros)

by Nildar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bioware Points price increase (in euros)

★★★ Novice

I am one of those people who checks in every once in a while to see if ME3 DLC finally got discounted so I would actually buy it.. but nope. It never happens.

Now when I checked today for the first time this year instead of a price drop the DLC price actually increased for me.... When I last checked (I think in December) 1200 Bioware points cost 12 euros and 1600 Bioware points cost 16 euros etc. Now 1200 Bioware points cost 15 euros and 1600 Bioware points cost 20 euros.

I was wondering if this has actually happened or is there a bug that showed me the wrong price before or now? I live in the Netherlands if that makes a difference. Never dropping the price is already customer unfriendly in my eyes, but if this is a real change then going as far as to effectively increase the price for DLC for over 3 year old games.. that would be 'special'.

Message 1 of 11 (1,869 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bioware Points price increase (in euros)

Community Manager

@Nildar Thank you for all the additional detail.

I have forwarded this to the teams in charge of the store so that they can look into the discrepancy further.

While the BioWare points have historically not been part of sales as far as I can remember, the good news is that Origin Access, our new subscription service for PC games also includes a 10% discount for the purchase of BioWare points.

You can check it out further here: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/news/ea-announces-origin-access-pc

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (2,039 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Nildar Hi there,

Would it be possible to give me a link to the Origin store page you are viewing with the price?

I am asking, because when I check for what the price should be in Netherlands currently, I still get the old prices listed that you had observed in December.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/dragon-age-2/pc-download/currency/800-bioware-points (Note that this URL should automatically redirect you to your local Dutch store.)

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/dragon-age-2/pc-download/currency/1600-bioware-points (Note that this URL should automatically redirect you to your local Dutch store.)

That said, I cannot find the 1200 points offer anymore.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 11 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello there Nils,

Thank you for your reply. When I click on your links I do indeed get the old prices (8 euros for 800 points, 16 euros for 1600 points), so that is good to know!

However, since I own Mass Effect 3 I was trying to buy the DLC by clicking on the game in my Origin library, then pressing the i button so it shows all the DLC. Then I click on "Buy Now" behind any DLC that costs Bioware Points and it shows me the new prices (15 euros for 1200 points and 20 euros for 1600 points), this was not the case the last time I checked (I think in December, but I am not 100% sure on that). Even when I go a bit further in the payment process to bank selection it still shows the inflated prices. Hopefully this information helps if you guys decide to look into this discrepancy.

PS. I was wondering if there is any word on if Bioware Points will disappear or if they or the ME DLC will ever go on sale on PC? I own all story DLC for all three ME games and all three Dragon Age games on PC, except those for ME 3. I would love to replay that game again, but not as long as the price of those DLC is actually higher than DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition (during the winter sale), which came out less than half a year ago. It is a bit depressing to see ME DLC on sale on the PSN all the time, but that I and others like me have to pay much more for wanting to play it on the PC.

Regards,

Nildar

Message 3 of 11 (1,826 Views)

Community Manager

@Nildar Thank you for all the additional detail.

I have forwarded this to the teams in charge of the store so that they can look into the discrepancy further.

While the BioWare points have historically not been part of sales as far as I can remember, the good news is that Origin Access, our new subscription service for PC games also includes a 10% discount for the purchase of BioWare points.

You can check it out further here: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/news/ea-announces-origin-access-pc

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 11 (2,040 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to pop in here and say that the store team has indeed looked into the problem, but instead of lowering the prices back to what they were (which was already weirdly high) now the higher price is charged everywhere. I am glad I could assist in ripping off costumers even more! Not.

Awesome job in raising the price of old Bioware games DLC EA... You can't even buy 1200 points, which is needed for some of the packs, so unless you want to buy multiple DLC together you are also screwed with obsolete points you don't ever need for anything else again. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this.

I guess I won't be playing Mass Effect 3 again. I am just really glad new games don't use Bioware points.

A very disappointed costumer,

Nildar

Message 5 of 11 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, for $5, I can get a 10% discount on Bioware points, while XBox Live and PSN customers have been able to purchase Bioware DLC for 50% off for years.  

Considering that purchasing the DLC I want for Mass Effect 2, 3 and Dragon Age 2 would run me a grand total of $124 (which does not include the purchase price of Dragon Age 2, which I have not purchased due to, big surprise, the ridiculous prices EA still asks for DLC for a 5 year old game...), you'll forgive me for not seeing this as 'good news' or leaping at the opportunity to subscribe to Access for a paltry $6 savings (including the $5/mo. I'd have to shell out...). 

Message 6 of 11 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So now, we can get 800 BP points for 9€ with a subscription as opposed to 8€ without subscription before?

That hardly seems like a very interesting deal to me. 

Are you sure no mistake was made at all, and it is the intended change? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Message 7 of 11 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this nasty surprise a few days ago. 25% price increase (in EUR) for Bioware Points.

Message 8 of 11 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

"@Nildar Thank you for all the additional detail.

I have forwarded this to the teams in charge of the store so that they can look into the discrepancy further."

So, did they looked into it?

I have the same 25% euro price increase for Bioware Points.

Message 9 of 11 (1,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Are there any news to this? its somehow rediculous that all the dlcs of ME2 and ME3 still cost more than 40 euros for each game while the trilogy package is going on sale for 10 Euros regularly. I already contacted customer support about this but nothing but excuses... A real support for this joke would be appriciated, maybe by lowering the prices you would acctually get people to buy the dlcs...

Message 10 of 11 (1,211 Views)