Re: Bioware Points on Sale!?

by caellex

Original Post

Bioware Points on Sale!?

★★★★★ Novice

It has been so long since the game has come out, and I am getting increasingly frustrated with the fact that I still cannot buy the DLC on sale for Mass Effect 2 and 3 and Dragon Age 2.

I am waiting and waiting for this useless currency to get thrown away and make it more like how Dragon Age Inquisition is now.

Please, Origin, make this happen.

Message 1 of 12 (6,292 Views)

★★★ Guide
The reason those DLC can be brought with BioWare points is that back when they were released, there was no such thing as Origin. This was just another system and it would be a lot of work to completly change the system for those games.
In addition to that it wasn't complicated and you can still buy BioWare points today to buy the DLC. I don't understand why you say you cannot buy the DLC.
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 2 of 12 (6,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

He want it to go on "SALE", and the Bioware point never goes on sale

Message 3 of 12 (6,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I believe what this person is trying to say is that he/she is unwilling to pay the full price for downloadable content on the PC for games that have been released as long as three to five years ago, which I think is quite understandable.  

I would also like to point out that the DLC for the games this individual mentioned have gone on sale on many a time for the Xbox 360 and the PS3.  The last time that I recall that PC gamers had the ability to purchase these DLCs at a discount was around late 2011, when you could use a promotional code to purchase Bioware points at a discount.  

I do not recall EA ever having another promotion giving PC owners the ability to purchase DLC at a discount, via discounted Bioware points since that time.  Meanwhile, Playstation and Xbox owners have repeatedly been able to enjoy being able to purchase said DLC at 50% off.  Of course, what I'm told is that Sony and Microsoft dictate the pricing of the DLC mentioned, and EA/Bioware has no say in such matters regarding those two consoles.

Furthermore, a member on one of Bioware's forums asked 'EA Customer Experience' as to why PC owners are subjected to this treatment, and got this reply from someone who appears to have a rather tenuous hold of the English language:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/495028-sale/#entry16157660

Whatever the reason, I do believe that pricing of the DLC mentioned in this topic is very much in control of Bioware/EA, and yet they have not seen fit to make Bioware points available on sale since late 2011.  As someone who plays Bioware games solely on the PC, I'm sure many such gamers, myself included, take umbrage at being excluded in such a manner.  At best, I see it as a glaring oversight;  at worst, I see it as EA/Bioware extending its middle finger at the PC gaming market, as well as myself.

And as for 'changing the system'...I find it ludicrous that one of the world's largest video game companies, with over nine thousand employees and several billion dollars in revenue, is seemingly paralyzed when it comes to making the appropriate changes for such a obsolete pricing scheme.

At the very least, EA could again launch a promotion through Origin enabling the sale of Bioware points, allowing PC gamers such as myself to enjoy these DLCs at prices that console games have been able to take advantage of repeatedly over the years.

Hmm...as I'm replying to this, there is a promotional code on Origin right now, and this promo is telling me how I can 'Get all the extras' by getting $20 off of a purchase of $50 or more.   Of course, since you can only purchase a single 1600 point and single 800 point pack of Bioware points at a time, for a total of $30, which is $20 short of the cut-off point for the promo.  Oh, and it seems 'Virtual Currency' is excluded from this promo.  So much for 'getting all the extras'...

Message 4 of 12 (6,238 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried to buy the points on Origin with a $20 game and it said that two of the items were not included in the sale. -_-

So frustrated with Origin and Bioware right now. All they have to do is convert the DLC into real-life money purchases and then they could be put on sale in the future. Yet, they never respond to this issue!

@EmbitteredOne basically said it all.

Message 5 of 12 (6,229 Views)

★★★ Novice

They could just leave the cost of bioware points as it is, but drop the points needed to buy each dlc. What's the problem with that?

Message 6 of 12 (5,659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA doesn't give a flying * about customers, they just want your money. I don't buy anything on Origin exactly because of * like this; I'm missing a lot of DLCs for Dragon Age 1 and 2 and for Mass Effect 2 and 3, but I'm not going to be * spending ten times the actual game's worth on a single DLC, let alone buying all of them -- all in all I'd be looking at hundreds of euros in costs if I wanted all the missing DLCs, even though the base-game is 4.99€ (or less!) these days!

There's a good reason for why Steam is the king of the hill.

Message 7 of 12 (4,868 Views)

★★ Novice

As you have said...
Total DLCs for Dragon Age 2 cost +- 60€ while the game alone can be bought for 5€ :P

Message 8 of 12 (4,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I normally refuse to purchase ANYTHING EA, and practices like this, are exactly why.. Ive broken my EA boycott, for games i previously had, on PS3/360.. Ive now purchased Mass Effct 3 times (360,ps3, and now pc) and Dragon Age origins/expansion twice. Along with every Dragon Age game, since (regrettably).. To this day, i ONLY have Dlc on the ps3 because of the sales that are occassionally offered through ps store, and on  PC from the DA:O (because of ultimate edition).. Its a much more consumer friendly practice..DA:O had an Ultimate package with all dlc, why not Mass Effect1,2,& 3, and then DA 2, and Inquisition?  These games themselves are $20 or less, yet the dlc's stay full price for games , some of which are obsolete, and not played anymore..

Please Bioware/EA.. Use real currency (i will NEVER buy "points") and allow sales on DLC.. Many of us obviously wont buy it.. Its been this many years, and thousands havent purchased it on principle,... Youll still get money, though at a discount, which is better than never, or none at all!

Message 9 of 12 (4,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Gotta say, theres absolutely no way i could make myself pay for this.. Not counting the 2 Genesis Dlc's (which i wouldnt need, as i play through all 3 games every replay) We're talking 2,480 Bioware points for ME2 dlc, and 4,000Biware points for ME3... 

Thats an outrageous 6,480 Bioware Points!!!!      7,120 with Genesis 1&2

The points are $5.00 for 400.. $20.00 for 1600.. Thats more than $80.00 in dlc, and you would still be short 40 points (since you know they make them odd numbered deliberately) For the 2 Genesis dlc's add another 320 each..  640 points more!

Ive aready purchased the games 3 times, and now i need to pay for all the dlc again? I dont think so.. Its kinda crappy thats theres no loyalty, or discount given or purchasing something a 2nd, or even 3rd time.. Its just so much money.. The entire trilogy is only $29.99 anymore.. How can the dlc, which is only small portions of games, be worth 3 times the games in which  they belong?

Message 10 of 12 (4,102 Views)