Re: Bejeweled 3 wont start

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bejeweled 3 wont start

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I got Bejeweled 3 free on the house. It worked fine when I played it directly after installing it but now it wont start at all. I have tried to reinstall and many other things but nothing helps. All other games I have works just fine but not this one. What is the problem? The computer "thinks" for like 10 seconds and then nothing. It pops up in task manager but disappeares just as fast. 

Please, I need answers!

Message 1 of 17 (4,347 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

SO I was having the same problem as you were when I bought this game. THis might be irrelevant for you now since its been so many years but if you are still interested in playing this game. youll have to disable your high end graphics card. go into your device manager and click on Display Adapter. if you have 2 graphics card disable the higher end. I have a Intel UHD Graphics 620 once I disabled that I was able to load the game up with no problem. Once you are done playing you can continue to leave it disabled or go back into the device manager and reenable the graphics card.

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (4,970 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please make sure that Origin is running with Admin rights and not in compatibility mode (right click a shortcut for the game/Origin, go into Properties - Compatibility and make sure the 'Run this prog. in comp. mode' is unticked).

Message 2 of 17 (4,320 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have tried that several times, it doesnt make any difference. The same thing happens whatever settings I try to use. All other games works without any problems. I have tried to reinstall, both the game and origin, reboot computer, shut down firewalls and many other things. I have never had this problem with any game ever before. 

Do you have any other solution to this?

Message 3 of 17 (4,318 Views)

EA Staff

Just to rule out any conflicting programs issue, could you do a Clean Boot and then check if the issue occurs?

Message 4 of 17 (4,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's the same even after a Clean Boot. The game still doesn't work. 

Any other suggestions? 

Message 5 of 17 (4,300 Views)

Community Manager

@Rampage2216 Hi,

Just as an additional idea, please ensure that neither your antivirus or your security software is blocking the launch of the game and required ports for both Origin and the game are open.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 17 (4,293 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are no firewalls och security software that blocks the game or origin. All ports are wide open. 

Still the problem remains, the game doesn't start. Maybe it needs a new patch or could it be the current version of Origin that causes the problem in any way?

Message 7 of 17 (4,291 Views)

Community Manager

@Rampage2216 There is another thing we can try, but it may require a full reinstall of Origin and the games.

1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and you will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

If this still does not help, please create an Origin Error Report and post its ID in here as highlighted in red below.

1. Open Origin.
  2. From the menu on the top choose "Help"
  3. Select "Origin Error Reporter" (You can read more about it here: http://download.dm.origin.com/oer/en_GB.html )

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. For type of error select "Downloading Games"
  2. For the description of the problem, please include a brief description (copy/paste of your first post should do) and include a link to your forum post.
  3. Check the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  4. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post it here.

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 17 (4,277 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The first thing did not work so I have sent an Error report as you asked. 

The Error Report ID is:

072968ae80005737

Hope you can find the problem now. 

Message 9 of 17 (4,269 Views)

Community Manager

@Rampage2216 If the issue still persists, please try turning off proxies in your Internet settings and reset your hosts file.

Message 10 of 17 (4,252 Views)