Battlelog/Origin Friend Limit?

by tankskank

Original Post

Re: Battlelog/Origin Friend Limit?

★★★ Novice

@eaoneletter wrote:

@tankskank wrote:

I have to say the 100 limit is way no where near enough! Currently i have close friends that can not join my friends list due to this and more new mates waiting as well.

Is there any chance this limit could be dropped please????

Cheers

This is actually a feature we're working on and actively looking to expand over 100 in the near future. I do not have an ETA, or what the actual new friends list limit will be, but it should be more than acceptable once implemented. 

You said 2 years ago, that you guys are working on it to expand it in the "near future". Fact is, information techonlogy has a pretty fast life-cycle - which means, "near future" should not be about 2 years.

I know you guys have other - more important - problems; especially with Origin. (Extending, improving and add new features to Origin - and that's is fine).

But while Games like BF4 and NOW Tifanfall require (if the player want) a friendship to let you play with friends, a limit of 100 buddies in the list is simply NOT acceptable.

I know, it's all about the database, the storage - everything needs more storage nowadays. But seriously guys: this is a necessary feature you should REALLY improve.

And even if the limit is 1:1 linked with (for example) the Battlelog buddy-list: let the Battlelog list running with 100 friends. Increase it just in Origin. Just do something.

Message 11 of 35 (1,948 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow this Eaoneletter dude hasn't even been on for over a year.

Either he's a troll, got sacked by EA or, sounds more plausible, EA doesn't give a **bleep**.

Message 12 of 35 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Aristocrafied Hi,

We do care, unfortunately as with all software development it is not always easy to predict when features on the wishlist will actually make it into a program. 

I will let you guys know in here should I receive any updates regarding any expansion to the current limitation in the friends list.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 13 of 35 (1,812 Views)

★ Novice

You may care... but it has been TWO YEARS since this problem first arrose. Why is it that this "new technology" hasn't hit just yet? It's because you guys are too damn selfish and money grabbers to fix the problem. The solution to this problem is building a data center to hold all the friends list. The ONLY problem is space. So how do we fix space in the PC world? By building larger storage units!

I work in IT... that's how you do it and some multi million/billion dollar company can't seem to make a 2 million dollar expansion? It's pathetic!

Message 14 of 35 (1,654 Views)

★ Novice

I have 2 friends and can`t add another one on Origin. Why???

Message 15 of 35 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. 1 friend in friends list and cannot add my good friend who has 16 friends. Both of ours say that our friends list is full. This is keeping us from playing games together. I stopped giving EA my money in 2010, they haven't had a cent since.

Message 16 of 35 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I've also been having this problem of my friends list being full at 100 for quite some time.  I'm finding if I have to add anyone new, I've got to find someone to unfriend.

This original post was in 2012 I was wondering if I could resurrect it and find out the status of the mentioned fix in this thread?

Thanks for your help!

Derek.

Message 17 of 35 (806 Views)

Community Manager

@mister-derek Hi Derek,

Unfortunately there hasn't been any change to the limit yet. As far as I am aware, this is however still on the road map for the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 18 of 35 (795 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the information and your quick reply Nils!

What's the best way I can stay updated about the status of this fix?  Is it something I can expect in the next month, or is it more of a long term update (years).

Thanks again!

Derek.

Message 19 of 35 (793 Views)

Community Manager

@mister-derek  It will be more of a long term update. I don't have any set date, I just know that it has been an often requested adjustment that should be prioritized accordingly.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 20 of 35 (783 Views)