Re: Battlefront 2 does not launch

by Lonenight2014

Original Post

★★ Novice

Not sure if same issue but I have spent ages trying to get the game past the initial load screen where it normally froze and either blocked system, or exited itself and returned me to Origin launcher.

I've tried every fix online but none worked.

I have fixed it just now though. I did this by going to my graphics software and changing the game setting to 'Windowed Borderless' rather than fullscreen.

Odd fix but it worked first time and this was clearly (for some unknown reason to me) the issue....

Hope it helps someone.

Message 21 of 25 (1,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@drgajo ty ty ty, i did Exactly what you did this week. installed my new M.2 Driver and reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows and drivers and everything. and all i did was Copy and paste Origin App from my old HD to the M.2 and thats when everything but this game would launch and work. redownloaded and installed Origin and now it works! woo

Message 22 of 25 (1,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solution for me was to set in adrenalin driver the display setting to "scale" could also work with other display settings. 

Management Summary: BFII has issues with the inital resulution/scaling setting on startup, can be fixed via presetting on your 3D card.

Message 23 of 25 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey idk if anyone's gonna read this, but 4 years have passed since this bug started appearing and it still does now. I got Battlefront 2 and it worked perfectly, and despite no kind of modifications being applied on my game, it spontanously started opening the origin launcher every time i tried to launch the game. please help.

Message 24 of 25 (392 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, as my post above I had same issues. Tried every known fix I could find.

Only one that worked was changing graphics in gcard software settings to run bf2 on fullscreen borderless window.

Message 25 of 25 (340 Views)