Re: Battlefront 2 does not launch

by Tichonderoga

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 does not launch

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I'm not that great at computers other than I know the basics and been playing games for years.

I've seen these posts and none of them are helping , honestly I would like to hear from EA but hey.

I cant launch Star Wars Battlefront 2 as the game opens up as a small windows and after a couple of seconds it disappears and takes me back to origin app...

Been fighting over this for hours and extremly disapointed as this was suppost to be a great evening.

Message 1 of 25 (30,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Here is how I solved mine.  It was the windows 10 Fall Creators Update. I rolled back versions of windows 10 and now the game launches. Give that a try.

View in thread

Message 5 of 25 (40,363 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I also had this problem. I had the latest version of Origin, but I decided to reinstall it anyway. I downloaded the latest version from www.origin.com and launched it, but nothing happened. Then I uninstalled Origin using "Apps & features", installed the latest one, and then I realized that what I installed is not what I had before. This means my previous version was not the latest one, but it did not want to install the latest version automatically. Now, Battlefront 2 starts with no issues. Give it a try.

Message 2 of 25 (30,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried everything including reinstalling. still not starting. 

Message 3 of 25 (30,079 Views)

★ Novice

my game wont load either, it just crashes my whole computer out at laoding screen some one please help

Message 4 of 25 (30,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here is how I solved mine.  It was the windows 10 Fall Creators Update. I rolled back versions of windows 10 and now the game launches. Give that a try.

Message 5 of 25 (40,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I fixed it with all the internet steps, nothing worked,BUT I have seen that sometimes native resolution doesnt work at 120 Hz to start a game, so go too your nvidia manager, amd select a 1.6K resolution  60Hz, then start the game , it will woork, so now you should configure what ever resultion you are to play and gradually adjust your Hz, so you might know when is the failure at which Hz and... dont use it--- lol till it gets fixed

Message 6 of 25 (29,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and just realized that I have an Intel core i3 processor and I need an i5 or higher to run the game. Frown

Message 7 of 25 (28,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is how i'm fixing this issue.

Go to the Origin app and hover over browse items

Click on Star Wars, and then Battlefront II

Scroll down a tiny bit on the page where it says System Requirements

Click on System Requirements and see all of the Requirements to Run Battlefront II

If you have it up to date than it should work, or If you don't have one of those items, you cannot run the game.

The only solution is to buy the Requirements / Specs

Message 8 of 25 (27,389 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, but the issue is all throughout Origin. Every single game on the client does not work for me. 

My system exceeds beyond system requirements. 

I contacted EA Chat and they rushed through me and sent me a C++ link to download stuff again. That didn't solve anything. 

This started happening last week. 

No fix so far

Message 9 of 25 (27,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 10 of 25 (27,074 Views)