Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 cd key already in use

by BEAS-2142-Box

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Bad Company 2 cd key already in use

★★ Novice

I bought the game on steam, logged in before, entered the key before. 

When I enter the key in it says "This code has already been redeemed"

Yeah I know, by me.

I logged in on the right account

Im on the same computer I've been on long before I even got the game

Ive probably verified game integrity and redownloaded, not that it'll help but still. 

I have origin and launch BF4 and BF1 from there as well as BF3 

Again I launch BFBC2 on steam. 

Tried redeeming it on Origin. Didnt work. I have both SPECTAT DLC and base game btw.

I want to avoid customer service if i can because i hear less than good things about them

Do i need to reset the code?

Message 1 of 6 (1,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Please see my initial reply @BEAS-2142-Box. As you purchased the code on Steam, any issues relating to the code not working will have to be addressed with their support.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,127 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

I'm not quite sure what the issue is @BEAS-2142-Box . If you bought the game on Steam and are trying to enter it on Origin then there is no guarantee that it will be accepted. If you are having issues with the game on Steam then we cannot help. As you purchased the game from Steam you will need to speak with their customer service in relation to any issues related to the code or game entitlement. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,144 Views)

★★ Novice
I forgot to mention I've played about 75 hours of the game before.
Message 3 of 6 (1,136 Views)

Community Manager

Please see my initial reply @BEAS-2142-Box. As you purchased the code on Steam, any issues relating to the code not working will have to be addressed with their support.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,128 Views)

★ Guide
Fellow steam user here, once you played the game for more than two hours, you were locked in. You're not going to be swapping it to Origin.

You also can't swap the DLC over. I am neither an EA support or Valve support employee.

Think of it like this, instead of buying the Base Game, you bought the Steam version. They look similar, they play identically, but they're both tied to different ecosystems.
Message 5 of 6 (1,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

well i origin let me redeem the steam code of red alert 3 on origin and i have 30hrs on it but didnt let me redeem the bfbc2 with dlc code on origin and i only have 19 hrs on that game

Message 6 of 6 (965 Views)