Re: Battlefield 4 DLC download keeps restarting

by HeroHD_12

Original Post

Battlefield 4 DLC download keeps restarting

★★ Novice

I don't know why this keeps happening.

I reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled windows and reinstalled Battlefield 4.  Upon trying to redownload the DLCS, they keep resetting themselves.  They'll go up to 80% or 60% and then go back down to 0% and start all over again.

Here's what I've tried:

1.  Pausing the download, exiting the client.  Opened Origin back up and tried resuming download.  Still happens.

2.  Uninstalled Origin, restarted computer and attempted to reinstall Origin.  Tried downloading the DLC again.  Exact same thing.

3.  Reinstalled Battlefield 4 altogether, DLC downloads still reset.  

I've come to the conclusion that it is a flaw in the code of Origin.  How?  Steam doesn't have this problem.  Steam downloads never reset.  Even craptastic Uplay doesn't have this issue.  

So anyone who can actually come up with a decent fix aside from uninstalling/reinstalling, which I've already tried, is welcome to respond.  Or if EA want's to make me really happy, please send me a physical copy of all the DLCs.  That would be fantastic, as I'm sure I've wasted hundreds of gigabytes of bandwidth on downloading these expansions at this point.

Message 1 of 4 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Man, sorry about the late response but I have tried calling and this problem is still not fixed, I am mainly commenting to let you know you aren't alone with this problem! I bought premium about 3 days ago now and everytime it restarts it says i downloaded 16million terabytes. But this is what I just tried, go to origin, settings, and disable cloud storage. Sorry that this message is scattered I just didn't feel like being organized when I wrote this.

- Goodolson

Message 2 of 4 (1,034 Views)

★★ Novice

I too am having the same problem. the core Battlefiled 4 dowloads fine but any of the DLC keep reseting thier dowloads.

Message 3 of 4 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same thing that happens to me

Message 4 of 4 (531 Views)