Re: Battlefield 3 "On the House" game not activated; need product key

by brokensynapse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 3 "On the House" game not activated; need product key

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I downloaded Battlefield 3 "On the House" for free, and it is in my Origin game library. However, when I go to click PLAY, I get the message "WE COULD NOT ACTIVATE BATTLEFIELD 3 ON THIS COMPUTER USING THE ORIGIN ACCOUND YOU PROVIDED. PLEASE LOCATE YOUR PRODUCT KEY TO ACTIVATE THE GAME USING YOUR ORIGIN ACCOUNT". So naturally, I click on BF3, and then hit the little i, and copy and paste the product key into the box. But, THEN I get the message that the product key is invalid! Way to go EA, you really did a great job with your new "On the House" promotions. Maybe next time, it would be better if THE EFFING THING ACTUALLY WORKED!!!!! 

EA PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS ISSUE AND HAVE IT FIXED ASAP. NOT YOUR USUAL. GET. IT. FIXED. NOW.

please Confusedmileyhappy:

***UPDATE: JUNE 06 2014***

The problem is still persistent and has NOT been fixed. One of the EA mods only marked this post as solved to bring attention that they "Are still working on fixing the problem". But knowing EA, this could take a VERY long time to be fixed. Please keep commenting and help get this post noticed a lot more so we can show EA and Origin that many people have this problem, and that it is a SEVERE one. Thank you.

Message 1 of 176 (11,602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys,

A fix was released overnight on Saturday and should have both fixed the issue going forward, and users affected retroactively.

If you are still encountering issues, please open a new thread with a detailed description of your issues, so that our community can assist you.

Thanks for bearing with us.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 176 of 176 (1,751 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

you are not alone there bro :D

Message 2 of 176 (11,486 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I made my Origin account downloaded origin client and than downloaded the "on the house" BF3 and when i want to start it i need the product key. Pls EA try to fix this 

Greetz RitoDolan

Message 3 of 176 (11,478 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here all fine 4 hours download at max speed, ready to install BAM product key i tryed to look for it at origins well the thing on the informations about the game in the library is thats product code not key dosnet now if that matters. I tryed the code and it dosen't work

Message 4 of 176 (11,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 5 of 176 (9,884 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

First FPS AAA game I get on pc and it won't activate.
Will they send a key code to our emails,or is this really a problem of their own?

Message 6 of 176 (11,444 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone had a Reply from EA yet? :D

Message 7 of 176 (11,438 Views)

★★ Novice
I wish...
Message 8 of 176 (11,431 Views)

Message 9 of 176 (11,430 Views)

★★ Novice

same here!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn frustrated now... just coz its free, WHY YOU DO THIS TO US EA!?

Message 10 of 176 (11,332 Views)