Battlefield 1 disables my second monitor

by BaconJets

Original Post

Battlefield 1 disables my second monitor

★★ Novice

Battlefield 1 completely disables my second monitor in full screen mode, I'm on Windows 10, does anybody have a fix?

Message 1 of 2 (517 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 disables my second monitor

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @BaconJets

Your problem is a normal behavior. When you launch a game in full-screen on a dual monitor system, it will render the game to your primary screen. What exactly happens with the secondary screen is controlled by the application in question. Some will just black it out (seems most common), while others will show your desktop. As far as I know, there is no way to dictate this behavior unless the application directly supports multi-monitor configs.

I'm sure there are some third party utilities out there that will allow you to override this behavior, but you can try these steps-> right click on the game icon, click on properties and then compatibility tab, here you need to  disable visual theme .

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 2 (482 Views)