Re: Base game wont install, just download

by KingBasieSims4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Base game wont install, just download

★★ Apprentice
I keep trying to install my sims 3 base game. I've tried every thing I was told to do even the ccleaner and still my game redirects to origin and only wants to download sims 3 instead of install directly from the disc. I've done this online and offline and it dies the same thing over and over. Can someone please give me a working solution
Message 1 of 6 (438 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87

I managed to install it. I cancelled the download through origin and started o er and the install wizard came up

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (411 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@KingBasieSims4

If you select Go Offline from the Origin Menu it should not be possible to download the game. If you do see a download popup then it most likely means that the game is already installed on your system and Origin is verifying the files--while this looks like a download no data is actually being downloaded.

Note that you won't be able to install the game without using Origin.

Message 2 of 6 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87

Hi Tom

I've been doing it offline for a while. And it does the same thing. It will not prompt the setup wizard. When I add the disk, it shows the origin install box. I click install it prompts me to log in. Once I've logged in nothing happens. And when I try logging in online all it does is download. I do not receive the setup wizard like I have in the past when I would remove my games
Message 3 of 6 (423 Views)

EA DICE Team

@KingBasieSims4

Downloading the game through Origin isn't an option for you? Using the download method would mean that you will never have to insert the disc again which is a nice benefit.

If you are not getting the Install Wizard, could you please try running your system in a clean boot? There might be a software conflict on your system keeping you from being able to install the game.

Message 4 of 6 (409 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87

I managed to install it. I cancelled the download through origin and started o er and the install wizard came up
Message 5 of 6 (412 Views)

EA DICE Team

@KingBasieSims4

Perfect! Thanks for letting me know. I hope you will enjoy the game Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (400 Views)