Banned unfairly. EA ToS team basically unwilling to give a reason.

by seaun1c0rn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned unfairly. EA ToS team basically unwilling to give a reason.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'll be brief and short with this post.

I have recently been banned by EA due to violating ToS/ User Agreement.

I have been told to submit information in regards to my ban, but to which I was not told why I was banned.

I supplied tons of information to which I am normally afraid of sending out over the internet.

I was told by an automated email that "We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision."

This was emailed to me 5 times, even though a Customer Service Rep had told me they would "escalate" the case. What I thought this meant was that ToS team would contact me to help me better understand how I could appeal my ban.

I am an avid gamer of almost 21 years now, I am currently 26. I have never been banned from a game due to cheating or anything else. I have given such information to the EA team to investigate me, this includes my Steam account (which is almost 12 years old now) that was linked to my Apex Legends(whom I have over 200hrs of play time) account on Origin. I also gave them a server game that I play on with my Discord # as well as ID to further my case. I willingly sent my US Passport ID as well as my Drivers License.

I have spent over 100$ for skins and other cool stuff on Apex, I have gained many friends and have asked my home friends to come Apex with me. I have played for so many months to reach level 120 because I don't normally play Apex. I have even expressed and openly told EA that I have used a credit card to pay for my brother's account, since he is younger and is starting to learn how to game on PC. (I told them I could prove this too)

If EA was responsible enough they would take a look at my account and give it a second thought and allow me to at least voice my opinion over this matter. If EA cared about it's customers it would reach out with a live person to chat with me. If EA understood my distress after reading the User Agreement over 6 times after they told me to read it 6 times, to which I can not find a place on the agreement where I had violated, they would understand why I have reached out so many times.

I can no longer take back the information I have sent, including personal IDs and credit card info to customer reps. This makes me highly uncomfortable as well as quite upset that and was  asked by a rep "Why do you think you were banned?" and I answered honestly, though the email I got back from ToS team was so vague. I sincerely do not know what to do anymore. I hope that people who read this, don't bother appealing your ban. This is a automated ban and the people who look into it will not give you further information. I believe this is because they do not want to disclose to cheaters who cheat in games that they have been caught.

I got banned shortly after I forgot my password and changed it, linked my Apex Legends account with my Steam account, and after I had made a purchase for more Apex Coins. I stopped playing for a week or so to then come back receive an email telling me I was banned.

It would seem that I am forced to take my ban and consider my hundred+ dollars down the drain. I have read dozens of posts and other people who have had this issue. But I could find no real good solution. Sucks. This is really tough to swallow.

Message 1 of 4 (1,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned unfairly. EA ToS team basically unwilling to give a reason.

Community Manager
Hi @SeaUn1c0rn,

Please follow these steps http://bit.ly/ContactAccountDisputes to have this investigated. If you've already raised a case to the Terms of Service team on this issue and they've declined to overturn the sanction there is nothing further that can be done, the Terms of Service team have the final say on these matters.

We cannot assist with a banned account in any way over AHQ.
EACade

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (925 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Contact live support. Try using accessing my account as an issue it should give you an option for live support.

But realistically the response they gave you is the typical canned response. Understandably it is probably some underpaid and overworked guy or gal on the other side of the line who could not care any less if you are banned justly or not.

It does sound to me like your account was hacked so try telling the live support to check the IP addresses at the time. If this is the case, then brace yourself if everything in your account was spent because that would be an entirely different case which would be even harder for EA to give you a refund.

Good luck

Message 2 of 4 (959 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I will try reaching out to them for the 10th time. What you are saying makes sense, and I had not considered getting hacked... I honestly do not care about the coins spent. I just want the account back because I had other games on it as well that I paid for.

Message 3 of 4 (949 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SeaUn1c0rn,

Please follow these steps http://bit.ly/ContactAccountDisputes to have this investigated. If you've already raised a case to the Terms of Service team on this issue and they've declined to overturn the sanction there is nothing further that can be done, the Terms of Service team have the final say on these matters.

We cannot assist with a banned account in any way over AHQ.
EACade
Message 4 of 4 (926 Views)