Re: Banned for threatening or violence when i did neither. UNDESERVED PERMABAN?!

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Banned for threatening or violence when i did neither. UNDESERVED PERMABAN?!

Anonymous

"We want to notify you that we have found your EA Account to be in serious violation of our Rules of Conduct.

While reviewing your account, we identified the following violation:

Apex Legends

Harassment – Illegal (Sexual or Violent)

2021-07-08T01:20:01Z Karma:

get raoed

2021-07-08T01:20:03Z Karma:

Being part of a gaming community should be positive, fun, fair, and safe for all. This means that we take any breaches of our Rules of Conduct, including toxic behavior, very seriously.

As this violation was extreme, we have banned your account, effective immediately. We have removed your payment method from your account, so you will see no further charges from us."

Well i know you people in discussions can't help me with getting unbanned. And that is ok, as i have already sent in a case.

All i am wondering about is how me writing "get *" really makes me get banned permanently?! Is it really THAT extreme? All i want is an opinion from many people. Of course, it was stupid of me to even write it, and i have certainly learned a lesson if this is how strict EA really are. 

The person who reported me apparently reported me for "threatening or violence". I did not in any way threaten him. How am i threatening him when i wrote "get *"?! Of course it links to violence, but just writing "*" is not in any way shape or form either violence OR Threatening. 

Once again, i am not looking for help. Just opinions. All i care about is getting my account back, which i think would be more then fair. I don't care if i get some minor restrictions or something, as long as i have access to my apex account again.

Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Re: Banned for threatening or violence when i did neither. UNDESERVED PERMABAN?!

Community Manager
Hi @Anonymous,

This thread is now locked. If you don't understand the severity of what you said and our action in response, nothing we can say here is going to change that.
EACade
Message 2 of 2 (256 Views)