Banned after my account was hacked.

by RavenZenzi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned after my account was hacked.

★★ Novice

I went to bed on the night of Feb 19th and woke up on the 20th to my account hacked but not banned. The moment I realized what happened I contacted EA and resecured my account, including, deactivating and reactivating the account, turning on Login in verification, and changing my password. After this hour long process was completed I was assured I would not be banned. Then on the 23th I was banned. I have put a case in on EA and contacted [edit: email address removed] which I was told to do by an EA agent. Nothing has come from either of these avenues. I want this to be fixed. I am appalled at the lack of help provided to victims of hacking. I have done nothing wrong, and yet I am left floundering while the cheater gets to move on, completely unaffected. What can I can I do? I have found little help, not even any confirmations that they are looking into it or even are going to look into it.

Message 1 of 11 (683 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned after my account was hacked.

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @RavenZenzi.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (619 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @RavenZenzi.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I have done all that a while ago, but no contact with me has been made. Is this actually going to work? Is someone actually looking at my case, what are my chances of actually getting my account back. I have paid for skins on it. 

Message 3 of 11 (608 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RavenZenzi, if you have a case open with our TOS team then the best thing to do is to be patient and keep an eye on your email for a response from the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same situation as this guy.

I have previously sent an e-mail to the TOS team which then I have only received a (in my opinion) half-as*ed reply saying that I simply cheated. This makes me think if they really do take these reports seriously since I have then sent 2 other reports which have much more detailed explanations then it was simply CLOSED down by whoever looked at it.

Victims like us are desperate to have our main accounts back and we want to know if they really do take these seriously. 

Message 5 of 11 (498 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @onlykei if our TOS team has denied your appeal then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

If you believe that your ban is incorrect then you will need to speak with out TOS team again.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Dude @RavenZenzi  is it fixed yet? i encountered the same issue and wondering whether they did something to help you?

Message 7 of 11 (434 Views)

★★ Novice

@bEl0ng Nope still trying to get in contact with someone. I sent an email just the other day so waiting to see if I hear back from that. But it's been a month and nothing.  I can let you know when/if it does work. 

Message 8 of 11 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@RavenZenzi its crazy man, i hope youll get it back soon... my friend just mailed me that his friend has went through the same issue and managed to get back his account after sending several tickets to the Tos... except the gold coins, well in my case it would matter to me but if this is the cost to get my account back then alright.. its just frustrating that EA's servers were crazy couple of days ago and because of that issue I got banned most probably... however I hope we manage to get the accounts back, would appreciate if you'd give a headsup whenever somethings changed for u!

All the bests!

Message 9 of 11 (416 Views)

★★ Novice

@bEl0ng I got my account back! A little over a month later. My suggestion is to keep emailing them every week or so, I noticed that every time I emailed or talked to someone a few days later the case would be updated. I think actively reaching out makes them pay more attention though I don't really know how it works. 

Hope you get it back soon. 

Message 10 of 11 (365 Views)