Re: Bad support

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Bad support

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought Assassin's Creed: Odyssey from Origin last sunday (07.10.2018).

Last monday i wanted a refund for the game.

I contacted Origin, and they wouldn't give me the money back. They told me i had to contact Ubisoft, because Origin is just a third party game.

Then i started contacting Ubisoft for the refund of the game. They told me they had nothing to do with the purchase, since i bought it on Origin.

They refused to help me as well, because i bought the game through a third party and it goes through their billing system, which Ubisoft has no visibility on.

I have been contacting both the companies today, but i get the same answer every time. "Contact Origin", "Contact Ubisoft"

This is the mail that Origin sent me:

This is a follow up email for our conversation today.
You have contacted today as you wanted a refund for the game Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Deluxe Edition - PC purchased from Origin (EA), being a third party game unfortunately we do not have any option to get the refund initiated, and is recommended to contact the publisher. So please contact Ubisoft Quebec / Ubisoft Montreal, for this refund as they will have the rights and the option available.

This is the mail that Ubisoft sent me:

I am emailing you to confirm that Ubisoft does not have the ability to refund your purchase. 
Any purchases made from a third party are made through their billing system, something which we have no visibility on.
As discussed over the phone, please contact Origin showing them this email to help explain our position.

What kind of support is this? I buy a game, and then i can't refund it?

I thought they said: "If you don't love it, just return it!". Apparently this is untrue. I haven't even started nor downloaded the game!

I have never had worse support from anyone when it comes to refunding a game. I don't get why they sell a game to people, and then noone wants to refund it.

Who is the money going to? Is it going to Origin, or Ubisoft? I don't know, and probably never will. But who ever has my money, I want it BACK!

Message 1 of 4 (304 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @RobinWell

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with our live support Frown I'd like to apologise for the incorrect information, which has been provided to you by our game advisers. If the purchase has been made on Origin, then you were right to contact our support about it.

We have our Great Game Guarantee policy in Origin Store, however it doesn't include all third-party games. The full list of the third-party refundable games can be find here

Again, I'm really sorry that we weren't able to help out with your refund request.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Ataashi

Don't you think it is kind of stupid lying to people saying: "If you don't love it, just return it!" if you can't return it? I think so atleast...

What this sentence means to me, is that what ever you buy, you can refund it withing a time period if you don't like it.

I think i should be able to do the same thing.

Message 3 of 4 (283 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@RobinWell

Even our GGG policy has some restrictions and you can read about them in the linked article. However, just like the title of the article points out - we're talking about all EA games. Other regulations might apply for the third-party purchases or even some payment methods. The full Great Game Guarantee policy can be found here.

Again, I'm sorry that our advisers weren't able to perform a refund for you.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)