[BUG workaround] 0B/s - no download after moving game files

by Deton24_POL

Original Post

[BUG workaround] 0B/s - no download after moving game files

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried to download NFS Payback.

It had an option of playing at 88% before the download is finished.
I successfully played the game for some time. Then I decided to move the game to SSD.

I had download state on 91%. I copied the game folder to SSD, closed Origin, renamed folder, started to download the game again, renamed to original name again, but changing the location where the game is placed now -

~Resuming/Finishing~ process started, and it showed 91% percent of download again, but the game no longer could be launched like when it passed 88% before.

Moreover, Origin no longer downloads the game. It says downloading, but shows 0B/s and nothing happens since a very long time.

I know I can cancel the whole download, and start it from the scratch, but I have limited transfer, and tried to do something with it.

Solution:

I found that files downloaded above 88% were two "streaminginstallpackage" folders (in Patch and Data). Files inside were the only once with recent last modification date (everyone else were from 2018 instead of 2019).  I couldn't run the game either, or finish download (still 0B/s). So I deleted more files: "levels" in "patch" folder which was 72MB. After resuming, it started to download, soon it showed preparing to run at this 88%, and successfully resumed download after this process. 

Instruction:

1. Close Origin

2. Delete "streaminginstallpackage" folders (in Patch and Data) and "levels" in "patch" folder, rename game folder to something else (e.g. add one letter)

3. Launch Origin, download state will reset, now cancel download

4. Restore folder name, start to download again

5. It will show 88% after resuming the download, then will download 70MB, then will display preparing to launch, and download will be resumed as normally.

Please EA, fix that issue. It probably exists in all your games with a function of launching a game before a download finishes. At least with "streaminginstallpackage" folders on Frostbite engine.

I submitted the bug via Origin options and received ticket 

10e58fd6b00f0XXX

Message 1 of 1 (121 Views)