BF4 Device Hung GTX 780 Ti Ghz edition

by Locosutra

Original Post

BF4 Device Hung GTX 780 Ti Ghz edition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry if this is a repeat of other posts.

Second - I am so dissapointed with the device hung error with my card.

I have MSI after burner and the crash happens when the GPU usage spikes to 100.

I have rolled back and reinstalled drivers, altered the clock settings as shown by other forums but to no avail.

This issue only happens in BF4 and no other game that I play.

For this reason I believe the issue is the way that BF4 communicates with the cards driver OR the card is faulty. But how can the card and/or drivers be at fault if I can play other games without even a hint of a problem.

Chatted with an EA rep and all I got was the same dribble "its def the drivers/card not us" Really? Isnt EA getting sued for releasing a game that wasnt finished? Anyway I digress.

Is anyone else having this same issue with the same card? Or does anyone else have the same card without any issues?

All I wanted to do was play BF4 on Ultra and I spent $1000AUD for the priveledge - WITHOUT having to alter settings, reinstall software etc etc. I think $1000 should a better experience than this.

Cheers

Adam

Message 1 of 2 (856 Views)

Re: BF4 Device Hung GTX 780 Ti Ghz edition

Community Manager

Here is a very informative post on steps to take when seeing the dxgi_error_device_hung error message:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/DirectX-function-GetDeviceRemovedReason-failed-with-dxgi-erro...

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (847 Views)