Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BF4 Device Hung GTX 780 Ti Ghz edition

by locosutra

Original Post

BF4 Device Hung GTX 780 Ti Ghz edition

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry if this is a repeat of other posts.

Second - I am so dissapointed with the device hung error with my card.

I have MSI after burner and the crash happens when the GPU usage spikes to 100.

I have rolled back and reinstalled drivers, altered the clock settings as shown by other forums but to no avail.

This issue only happens in BF4 and no other game that I play.

For this reason I believe the issue is the way that BF4 communicates with the cards driver OR the card is faulty. But how can the card and/or drivers be at fault if I can play other games without even a hint of a problem.

Chatted with an EA rep and all I got was the same dribble "its def the drivers/card not us" Really? Isnt EA getting sued for releasing a game that wasnt finished? Anyway I digress.

Is anyone else having this same issue with the same card? Or does anyone else have the same card without any issues?

All I wanted to do was play BF4 on Ultra and I spent $1000AUD for the priveledge - WITHOUT having to alter settings, reinstall software etc etc. I think $1000 should a better experience than this.

Cheers

Adam

Message 1 of 2 (715 Views)

Re: BF4 Device Hung GTX 780 Ti Ghz edition

Community Manager

Here is a very informative post on steps to take when seeing the dxgi_error_device_hung error message:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/DirectX-function-GetDeviceRemovedReason-failed-with-dxgi-erro...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 2 (706 Views)

ea-promo

Do you need to talk to us?

We’re here to help! Here’s how to get in touch with an EA Advisor.

I need to contact EA

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help