BF1 not installed?

by HugoThaBoss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 not installed?

★★★ Newbie

Decided to play some Battlefield 1. Started the game via desktop, i get a message on origin saying that the game is not installed. I checked my SSD and everything is there, origin simply doesn't notice its downloaded, is there a solution to this or do i have to download it again?

Message 1 of 3 (3,751 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 not installed?

Hero (Retired)

@HugoThaBoss did you download it through Origin? Have you reinstalled Origin since? 

Check that your download location as such in Origin's settings is the same location as your BF1 installation. You can see where Origin downloads to in: Origin (pop down menu) - application settings - installs and saves 

Otherwise, I guess just try download it and see what happens. Note that if you do have to change Origin's installation folder to match your BF1 files location, then you will still need to download. Just press download and it'll jump straight to installation. 

Hope that makes sense and it helps! 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,546 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@HugoThaBoss did you download it through Origin? Have you reinstalled Origin since? 

Check that your download location as such in Origin's settings is the same location as your BF1 installation. You can see where Origin downloads to in: Origin (pop down menu) - application settings - installs and saves 

Otherwise, I guess just try download it and see what happens. Note that if you do have to change Origin's installation folder to match your BF1 files location, then you will still need to download. Just press download and it'll jump straight to installation. 

Hope that makes sense and it helps! 

Message 2 of 3 (4,547 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

As of 2019, you can press settings icon under the "download' button and choose to define location of a game. Then, just choose the directory. it'll check the files(takes a few minutes) and if eveything's in place — you're good to launch Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (2,076 Views)