BF 2 finally showed in my library of games in Origin. Is Origin supporting it?

by LewTeNantDan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF 2 finally showed in my library of games in Origin. Is Origin supporting it?

★ Novice

That should read 'shows up' in my inquiry above. I was hoping since Origin finally showed my BF2 in my library the were going to support it and open some multiplayer servers for us 'Diehards' to get back on since GameSpy folded.

Message 1 of 5 (815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF 2 finally showed in my library of games in Origin. Is Origin supporting i

Community Manager

Sorry about that @LewTeNantDan, when you wrote BF2 I thought that it was Star Wars: Battlefront that you were referring to.

As I understand it, the official servers for Battlefield 2 are offline but if you look online then you may be able to find fan servers still up and running. 

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (744 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF 2 finally showed in my library of games in Origin. Is Origin supporting i

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback @LewTeNantDan.

I take it that you are referring to the 2005 Battlefront II and not the more recent one? If so, as EA did not develop or publish the game your best bet would be to contact the publisher for further info relating to the servers. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (780 Views)

★ Novice

Was the 2005 Battlefield2 just distributed by EA ?Because I still have my original box(2 CD-ROMs) and activation code and the box says EA Games/Dice.

Message 3 of 5 (754 Views)

★ Novice

Also, why would it and Battlefield 2142 all of a sudden show up. I registered both games with EA back when I bought them on their release dates.

Message 4 of 5 (753 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry about that @LewTeNantDan, when you wrote BF2 I thought that it was Star Wars: Battlefront that you were referring to.

As I understand it, the official servers for Battlefield 2 are offline but if you look online then you may be able to find fan servers still up and running. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (745 Views)