Re: Arkham origin will not install

by talonspryde

Original Post

Arkham origin will not install

★★★★ Novice

I have cleared the cache, restarted, and even tried going to the install directory to manually instal the vc and dx distributions. It hangs on "finalizing installation". Suggestions please

Message 1 of 5 (277 Views)

Community Manager

@talonspryde

Can you try the following steps please:

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did all this. Even in safe mode. And in safe mode, I cannot as it is trying to install the VC++ and requires a service that cannot be started in safe mode. And in a clean boor, I still get hung up.

I have done everything I can think of including removing and readding the game to my library. It is always hanging on the VC++ redist part.

Message 3 of 5 (231 Views)

Community Manager

@talonspryde 

This issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The error is now there is a version already installed. However, my installed list does not show any 2015 versions installed. There is a 2017 version and a 2013, but no 2015. It flat out refuses to install or repair. Abd MS wants me to pay $150 for the solution (the 1 tear sub for complete help). I got the latest install file but this is getting frustrating. Of the three in the vault, Arkgam Origins is the only one giving me trouble.

Worst part is if the install fails, it leaves a marker for an install in progress so I have to restart the computer to clear it.

Message 5 of 5 (207 Views)