Re: Are you guys ever going to fix the Rank System ?

by EA_Deum

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Are you guys ever going to fix the Rank System ?

Hero

I'm really curious if the main feature of this board is ever going to work right ? When I first started out here, I was able to embed and even upload images and advance. 

Now, around 7000 posts, 800 solutions and amost 500 XPs later, I can't embed or upload photos, can't advance in rank (I've been an agent since I had 10 solutions) nor do I have any other privileges. An avatar is all I can have.  

The name agent  is confusing people, thinking I'm a EA agent ...

So, what's the point of helping out here if the motivation you're giving is not working ? I've choose to help out here and not at the tech forum anymore, cause I like getting somewhere. I like having more privileges (and some of them I do think are important if one is helping out, like a signature or the ability to embed images) and advacing in rank. I like having a goal to work towards, that's just how I am.

I do get that this place is still Beta but the main feature not working after 6 month, .. well, you know what I mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 3 (567 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Crinrict - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on this. 

First off, while there will be some tweaking to the rank structure in the future (we really do have some VERY exciting features coming in 2013), on the whole, it's been working correctly since you joined. 

However, after looking at your profile, for some reason you haven't advanced in-line with the work you've done. It goes without saying that you're one of the most valued contributors here on AHQ, so for you not to have grown in rank past Agent, seems very strange to me. 

As a result, I've tasked one of my team with investigating exactly what is preventing you from advancing and once we've found the problem, we'll contact you directly. 

Many thanks,

Chris "Deum" Collins | Head of Community, WWCE. 

------
EA_Deum
Launch Director - DICE

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (625 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Crinrict - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on this. 

First off, while there will be some tweaking to the rank structure in the future (we really do have some VERY exciting features coming in 2013), on the whole, it's been working correctly since you joined. 

However, after looking at your profile, for some reason you haven't advanced in-line with the work you've done. It goes without saying that you're one of the most valued contributors here on AHQ, so for you not to have grown in rank past Agent, seems very strange to me. 

As a result, I've tasked one of my team with investigating exactly what is preventing you from advancing and once we've found the problem, we'll contact you directly. 

Many thanks,

Chris "Deum" Collins | Head of Community, WWCE. 

------
EA_Deum
Launch Director - DICE
Message 2 of 3 (626 Views)

Hero

It does seem to be that I'm not the only one. There are others (especially the ones that have joined before you guys were availble to everyone) that have the same issue. While they haven't posted as much, many are still agents while others with less XP/solutions have a different rank.

As I said, I also find it strange that I can't embed images anymore. I was once able to do that.

Be looking forward to hear from you guys Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (553 Views)