Are VPN's allowed?

by xDavid_117

Original Post

Are VPN's allowed?

★★★ Newbie

Is VPN use allowed on Origin? I only ask because Steam doesn't allow use of VPN's at all which I think is kind of silly

Message 1 of 7 (21,817 Views)

Re: Are VPN's allowed?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Depends on how you use it. If you try to do anything that is agains the TOS, of course it is not allowed but i think for things that isnt against the TOS it might be ok. Ive heared many people using vpn to get higher download speeds when the  servers in their region are overloaded. Also, VPN usage was mentioned in a EA stream once so i guess you should be fine

Message 2 of 7 (21,758 Views)

★★★ Guide

As long as you're not using the VPN to buy a game from a cheaper region there wouldn't be a problem (for example using a Russian VPN server to get games at the much cheaper prices).

If for example you used a VPN to unlock a game you've already purchased (from your own region) earlier than your own region's release, while it IS technically against the rules, EA Community staff have posted a few times on here saying that although it is against the rules they don't take action against people for it - many people, including me I'll admit, have done so without issue. Of course given that it is against the rules that could change at any time.

If it's just connected while playing a game or simply having Origin running then again there would be no issue there.

Though regarding Steam I've accidentally had a VPN connected many times and never had any problems. I think in reality, much like EA they won't actually take action unless used to exploit regional pricing differences.

Message 3 of 7 (21,708 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i  got banned for vpn

Message 4 of 7 (14,105 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @scott16546 you would not be banned for simply using a VPN.

I am locking this thread as it is quite old but if you have a sanction or ban on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (14,014 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i already got my account unbanned

Message 6 of 7 (13,990 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @scott16546.

Darko

Darko.png