Re: Apex coins on Steam

by P4nd4borg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex coins on Steam

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, this more of a doubt I have about how Apex coins work on Steam. 

With the resent release of Apex Legends to Steam, I've recently redownloaded the game and linked my Origin and Steam accounts. Now, when I go into the Store section, instead of the usual Apex coins bundles appearing, in its place is an "Unavailable" poster replacing all of those offers.

What I've been thinking could be a possible solution, is to buy said Apex coins from the Origin Store, but I'm in doubt if those coins will transfer to my Steam progress.

It would be very considerate to answer this back and get an answer as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 15 (45,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @P4nd4borg ,

From what I'm seeing, you can buy the coins from the Origin Store but it won't sync unless you download Apex Legends from Origin and then launch the game from there.

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-xRarely

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (45,524 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @P4nd4borg ,

From what I'm seeing, you can buy the coins from the Origin Store but it won't sync unless you download Apex Legends from Origin and then launch the game from there.

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-xRarely

Message 2 of 15 (45,525 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @P4nd4borg if your Steam and Origin accounts are linked then purchases you make in Origin should be reflected in your Steam account.

I've bought DLC on Origin for EA games I own on Steam and am able to use it without any issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 15 (45,501 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes, its logic things. but not. order is unavalible on steam and in origin you will get error 54001 if u are from Ukraine

Message 4 of 15 (45,455 Views)

★ Apprentice

same 

Message 5 of 15 (45,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem bro. I have balance on my steam and i want to utilize it in the game store but it is showing unavailability of apex coins there. Screenshot attached.

Message 6 of 15 (45,252 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@P4nd4borg Hello gamers, I have the final answer. It sucks, but it's the only solution. If you buy Apex coins from the Origin store, it won't sync with your Steam progress. So you have to reinstall Apex on Origin to claim those coins. Fortunatelly, you don't have to download Apex entirely, since Origin lets you play when the download is 48% complete.
So there it is, if anyone has this problem, this is the answer. XRarely was right.
Message 7 of 15 (45,247 Views)

★ Novice
@P4nd4borg Well, thats sucks... Thanks for the info.
Message 8 of 15 (45,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought apex coins on origin but its not showing up on my apex legends on steam. How do you make your dlc's appear on steam?

Message 9 of 15 (44,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had to install Orign, install APEX in Origin, and get past the intro to get the coins to show up. As soon as the Origin APEX installation said I had the coins, I could start the Steam installation and see the same. 

Message 10 of 15 (40,670 Views)