Apex Legends for child account

by karoshiii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends for child account

★ Novice

Hello,

I have a child account for my kid, but am unable to add the game to their account because I don't have a cdkey.

How would I be able to add it to their account?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 15 (12,947 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends for child account

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @karoshiii 

Apex Legends is a free-to-play game and it doesn't require a CD key to be added to the account - you can simply do it from Origin Store Standard smile

However, due to age restrictions, underage EA accounts don't have access to the store, so I'm afraid in this situation it's not possible to do Embarrassed 

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (12,859 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @karoshiii 

Apex Legends is a free-to-play game and it doesn't require a CD key to be added to the account - you can simply do it from Origin Store Standard smile

However, due to age restrictions, underage EA accounts don't have access to the store, so I'm afraid in this situation it's not possible to do Embarrassed 

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 15 (12,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So even though I consent to my child playing Apex Legends and want to play with him I can't unless he creates a fake account? Why, as parents who follow your rules, do we not have the ability to do this?

Message 3 of 15 (12,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie
expect about 10 zillion complaints about this EA - I have an 11-year-old who, not surprisingly, wants to play your game - but he can't - unless we pretend he's an adult.

What a &*(%-up....
Message 4 of 15 (12,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is nuts... ok well I guess I get to create a fake account for my kid now...

Message 5 of 15 (11,792 Views)

★ Novice
@karoshiii Agreed.. My kid also wanted to play this game. I set it up to play with him and created the child account only to find out I went through all of this for nothing. Another fake account now being created. Horrible job EA!
Message 6 of 15 (11,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup...

Hours wasted verifying things and trying to get my kid access to the game only to find out that it can't be done.

Fixed in 5 minutes by changing the birth year from 2009 to 1909.

No need to verify anything or explain how a 110 year old gets it on with the latest games.

Not sure what this system is trying to prevent, but I'm a monkeys uncle if you can find me a 10 year old who can't get around the parental controls.

Message 7 of 15 (11,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CanDoona how do you access the childs account - I cant see it anywhere?
Message 8 of 15 (11,278 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Ataashi Then how can I get them access to the game?!?!?!?!?
Message 9 of 15 (10,287 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @l8rhosen underage accounts will not be able to access or play Apex Legends.

When the account ages up then it will be able to play the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (10,249 Views)