Re: Apex 1.18 continues to crash

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Apex 1.18 continues to crash

★★ Novice

Hello there everyone,

i recently updated the Apex game to the new patch (1.18)(void walker event/armed and dangerous) and the game has crashed/froze on me about 6 times now since the update. Literally 6 times in the last 12 hours or so.

i keep getting a message that reads: “connection to server times out (code:wheel).  See Ea.com/unable-to-connect 

This is very frustrating because it never happen to me before. I’ve followed all instructions and nothing fixes this issue.

The most aggravating part is that it just crashed on me when I was the last squad member out of two squads. I was winning the match and it froze and kicked me out. It did not record any of my kills and took no information from the match (placement, kills, damage dealt)

I hate the fact nothing will be done about that (no adjustment/compensation) but please fix this issue. It is not my connection because my signal is at 96% and I can play any other game online, use the ps store etc etc. 

I am only having issues with this game and I am assuming it’s a bug in the new patch.

Please fix as it is ruining the experience of the event for me.

Message 1 of 5 (646 Views)

★★ Novice
@SupaBlue23 It has now crashed a total of 16 times since I posted this. Meaning it’s crashed/frozen on me a total of 22 times. You read right, 22 times!!!

I recorded each session on the PS4 just in case EA does not believe me or feels I am exaggerating.

I decided to just delete the game from my library. As it’s pointless to keep trying to play a faulty game.

I never been one to write on a forum or voice my discomforts on social media but this is just ridiculous!

EA has provided absolutely zero help.

I know you guys don’t care if one person has a bad experience or deletes this game as you have too many players to worry about.

But I’m pissed because I’ve spent money and time on this. Smh I feel dumb even writing here because not one person has addressed this issue.

Thanks for nothing EA. I will never spend another dollar with you guys.

Peace.
Message 2 of 5 (628 Views)

Hey @SupaBlue23 

Connection issue's could be really annoying.
I suggest taking a look at the Connection troubleshooting steps in the link below.

It will only take a couple of minutes and probably fixes the issue.
EA Help - Connection Troubleshooting

Let me know if that worked.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 5 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

Well it’s obvious you guys use automated responses because in my op, I clearly state none of those troubleshooting steps work! 

None of that worked and of course there’s an update to the patch (1.19)  days later after I complained about the same issues.

Absolutely nothing was done to help me.

lost countless game information and nothing was done about it.

thanks for nothing Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @SupaBlue23 when you run into an issue such as this and have tried various steps then it is best to list them for us as it can be very easy to overlook some of the basic troubleshooting steps.

Let's start by trying the following: 

Restart your console:

• Turn off your console and then turn it back on.

Make sure your game software is up to date:

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

Make sure your PS4's system software has the most recent update:

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

Clear your PS4's cache:

The PlayStation 4 doesn't actually have a cache to clear. That said: It never hurts to power down/power up your console if you're encountering performance issues in the console. 

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller. 
  2. Select "Turn Off PS4". 
  3. Let the PlayStation 4 to fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4. 

Uninstall/reinstall your game: 

• So you're still having problems? OK, you maywant to think about uninstalling/reinstalling the game experiencing the error. 
    • Before you do this, upload your save game to the cloud (or to a USB storage device). That way you won't lose your progress and have to start over once you've reinstalled.
    • OK, once you're ready to uninstall your game data from the console, follow this guide SCEA put together over at their official site.

Reinstall the original hard drive:

• This is only if you have upgraded your PS4's hard drive (read: replaced it with a larger one). Sony suggests re-installing the original hard drive that came with the console. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (463 Views)