Anyone know what tags.tiqcdn.com is?

by GoldLeader47

Original Post

Anyone know what tags.tiqcdn.com is?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

...and why does Origin communicate with this site all the time.

Ideally can somebody point me to the server list needed to make Origin work, which ones are essential and which ones are optional.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (31,263 Views)

Re: Anyone know what tags.tiqcdn.com is?

@GoldLeader47

It's tealium tag management, and no you can't block it.

@GoldLeader47 wrote:

Ideally can somebody point me to the server list needed to make Origin work, which ones are essential and which ones are optional.

Thanks.

I doubt that such a thing exist.

For an application like Origin to function tag management and the exchange of additional information is necessary.

If you want to set that to a minimum, just close Origin if you don't use it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (31,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Children's computers are behind a whitelist, without some kind of entry they will simply not be able to connect.

At the moment I have enabled via wildcards all origin and ea sites, had to also add amazonaws:

*.ea.com

*.origin.com

*.amazonaws.com

And block all other traffic.

It works fine, the Origin application actually loads a lot quicker. Currently the only downside I see is the Game image is missing in My Game Library but details come up fine and the games run fine as well.

Message 3 of 7 (31,209 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GoldLeader47

@GoldLeader47 wrote:
Currently the only downside I see is the Game image is missing in My Game Library but details come up fine and the games run fine as well.

Or in other words, Origin doesn't run as expected. Wink

You will see other problems with the friends list and on the shop page with certain games, but if it works good enough for you as it is then that is fine too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 7 (31,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've enabled everything else now except for the Tealium Tags and checked all functionality and it works fine.

Tealium is blocked by the whitelist supplier as it is in the list of Unethical Design companies.

Message 5 of 7 (31,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tealium is spyware (analytics) that report back all sorts of things about you, your game play, your system, etc.  It's a major reason why I won't use Origin or purchase games for Origin. 

You CAN block it, and other types of nefarious snoopers, at the router level as well as on individual PCs with good, current internet security software.

Message 6 of 7 (30,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

An open source tool call portmaster will block it and many others

Message 7 of 7 (1,705 Views)