Any chances of getting a refund still?

by Eviga

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any chances of getting a refund still?

★ Novice

Hello,

On the 25th of September I bought FIFA20 Champions Edition on Origin, I pre downloaded it, then had to go on a work trip for 2 weeks and was excited to play it as soon as I get back.

I am back now since Friday evening and I have already several hours with the live chat people behind me. The Play button is grayed out so the game is totally impossible to play. We tried tons of things to get it to work but actually nothing works. So I thought, I could request a refund as I obviously purchased a product that doesn't works.

But on the refund page it tells me I can't refund the game, is this what EA does now? Selling stuff that doesn't work? I've played EA games since my early childhood and nothing like this ever happened to me. So basically EA stole 80€ from me. Is there anything I can do? Except for making people aware on what EA is doing?

Also I tried to start the game via the .exe in the FIFA20 folder and it still tells me the game wasn't released... I've never seen anything like this... thanks for stealing and being total jerks EA, you lost one customer forever and I'll make sure it will be more than one.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4 (535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Any chances of getting a refund still?

★★ Expert

@Eviga 

This should also help.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Please credit me with solution and XP if this helped you.

Have a nice day.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. 

Please try following: 

Try Clearing out the Origin cache:

1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them:

To unhide folders:

• Type folder options in the search field in the start menu
  • Click on the view tab 
  • Under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok 

Does this works?

Best regards,

/Timmie.

Message 2 of 4 (463 Views)

★★ Expert

@Eviga 

This should also help.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Please credit me with solution and XP if this helped you.

Have a nice day.

Message 3 of 4 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've found this already via google before I even contacted the Support and it didn't help... I also installed origin on my laptop now and there is the same problem

I can only PRE-LOAD my game and EA isn't doing anything about it... so 80€ stolen.

Also I can't request a refund cause the Champions Edition contains FUT Packs and they don't do any kind of refund then even though it is impossible for me to access the game so I can't even open thos bloody packs...

Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)