Re: Answers HQ - Dark Theme

by IMightKickAss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Answers HQ - Dark Theme

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys, 

this has been asked a thousand times most likely but I find the search-function a pain to use. Is there a dark-theme in development for this forum or can we already enable it somehow besides forcing Chrome? I double-checked the HQ settings and couldn't find anything.

Message 1 of 5 (674 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @oLLiXiV,

I'm not aware of any plans for an official dark mode sadly.  

Personally I use a Chrome extension as the white can absolutely be a lot to look at for extended periods of time.

I believe there's even a (free) extension specifically for Answers HQ in the Chrome store, though it's not developed or supported by EA.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (631 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@oLLiXiV I don't believe it has built-in, atleast I couldn't find anything.

Would be nice though, for the eyes Standard smile especially if you're here alot!
I searched abit and saw it has been requested a few times atleast. So hopefully they're working on it!
Message 2 of 5 (663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly. I would like to use this forum more but all this white is really tiring my eyes, so maybe I should just stay on the official Discord server.

Message 3 of 5 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @oLLiXiV,

I'm not aware of any plans for an official dark mode sadly.  

Personally I use a Chrome extension as the white can absolutely be a lot to look at for extended periods of time.

I believe there's even a (free) extension specifically for Answers HQ in the Chrome store, though it's not developed or supported by EA.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (632 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Mako well, that's just a few CSS/php/HTML lines, and actually, it would be a cool move for ecological purposes in addition to not burn our retinas, if EA wants a nice PR boost they might be needing at the momentWink (just saying). Thanks
Message 5 of 5 (473 Views)