Re: An unexpected error has occurred. Error: -4:302

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An unexpected error has occurred. Error: -4:302

★ Novice

I was able to download games before on orgins like a month ago. I came back few days ago reinstalled and I cant downloading any games. I been on with Live customer support I followed all the steps like disabling firewall, deleting local content etc. Can somone please provide a better solution on how to fix this thing 

Message 1 of 4 (971 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@MasterFiddler Hi,

Are you located in Singapore by chance? We have had a few Singaporeans recently experience this error with some of the local ISPs (e.g. M1).

The only work-around that seemed to work was to change the routing by using a VPN, as another user described in the past here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/An-unexpected-error-has-occurred-Error-4-302/m-p/3731713/highlight/t...

Can you give this a try and let us know how you get on afterwards?

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,079 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MasterFiddler Hi,

Are you located in Singapore by chance? We have had a few Singaporeans recently experience this error with some of the local ISPs (e.g. M1).

The only work-around that seemed to work was to change the routing by using a VPN, as another user described in the past here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/An-unexpected-error-has-occurred-Error-4-302/m-p/3731713/highlight/t...

Can you give this a try and let us know how you get on afterwards?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (1,080 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I am in Singapore. I am using M1 fiber 1 GBPS plan. I was able to start the download with VPN and also using safe download mode but the speed is so slow it will take me 1 week to download BF3 or BF4. It seems to be a network issue. Can you let me know if the problem is with my service provider so I can tell them to fix this thing or is it EA side. Do let me know.Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (934 Views)

Community Manager

@MasterFiddler Hi,

If it works fine with the VPN, please get in touch with your ISP and ask them to update their routing.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (921 Views)