Re: Am I allowed to give someone access to my origin account?

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Am I allowed to give someone access to my origin account?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 1 of 4 (5,851 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @RachmarB,

This sounds like it would be sharing your EA account so unfortunately I'd have to advise against that. Account sharing isn't allowed. There's this part in the EA Terms of Service that explains this that I've popped under the spoiler tag. Just click the tag to expand it (Not sure what age you are and the quotes are a bit wordy so feel free to ask an adult to read over it if needed.)

Spoiler

On sharing accounts:
"The EA Services are licensed to you, not sold. EA grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use the EA Services to which you have access for your non-commercial use, subject to your compliance with this Agreement."

It's also worth keeping in mind that: 
"You are responsible for the activity on your EA Account. Your EA Account may be suspended or terminated if someone else uses it to engage in activity that violates this Agreement."

@flyinghorse101 and @kabouki1965 are correct. You can share a PC to play from but as account sharing isn't allowed it would require having two EA accounts; one for you and one for your sister. This would require picking up the games again on her account for her to play them as Origin games aren't designed to be shared between EA accounts. 

These EA Help articles can help you with setting up an account for your sister and goes over things to keep in mind depending on her age: 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (5,789 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert
@RachmarB I think you should not do this.
I found an old thread where EA stated no it is not allowed. But thread never got a final answer after discussion:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Account-Sharing/td-p/4451234

When you live in same house why not use same pc, she can play for few hours. But if it is out of sight or different network I should not do this. Security wise - and please protect the account with MFA. (Multifactor authentication) . As far I understand it is against terms of service.
Message 2 of 4 (5,820 Views)

★★ Guide
Yes, as far as I know, @flyinghorse101 is basically right.

You can have multiple installations of Origin on various PCs, where you use it. Keeping in mind you cannot have concurrent sessions initiated. You can have problems with your account by trying to use the same account simultaneously.

Of course that officially you cannot let your sister play on any of these Origin installations.

Though it is a violation of the TOS, I believe there is no problem if you let her play for a bit in your PC but I would advise against installing on hers, as you would lose control of what she would be doing in the future...
Message 3 of 4 (5,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @RachmarB,

This sounds like it would be sharing your EA account so unfortunately I'd have to advise against that. Account sharing isn't allowed. There's this part in the EA Terms of Service that explains this that I've popped under the spoiler tag. Just click the tag to expand it (Not sure what age you are and the quotes are a bit wordy so feel free to ask an adult to read over it if needed.)

Spoiler

On sharing accounts:
"The EA Services are licensed to you, not sold. EA grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use the EA Services to which you have access for your non-commercial use, subject to your compliance with this Agreement."

It's also worth keeping in mind that: 
"You are responsible for the activity on your EA Account. Your EA Account may be suspended or terminated if someone else uses it to engage in activity that violates this Agreement."

@flyinghorse101 and @kabouki1965 are correct. You can share a PC to play from but as account sharing isn't allowed it would require having two EA accounts; one for you and one for your sister. This would require picking up the games again on her account for her to play them as Origin games aren't designed to be shared between EA accounts. 

These EA Help articles can help you with setting up an account for your sister and goes over things to keep in mind depending on her age: 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (5,790 Views)