Alternate Persona

by sii3nus

Original Post

Alternate Persona

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a whole bunch of Personae' to pick from under the profile.ea.com system.  I use the Silenus persona instead of UberSil due to some rather stupid issues.  While I can choose Silenus under the site I noted it won't transfer to Origin so I'm still, obviously, posting under UberSil.  I've tried to change the name of my Persona but it states that Silenus is already in use.

Is there anyway of changing my default persona for Origin?  I'd even be willing to just go with my real name as I don't care if people know who I am that much.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 1 of 4 (1,537 Views)

Re: Alternate Persona

★ Guide

Hey Sii3nus,

The ID's listed on the website you link to is not really Origin ID's you can choose.

It's sub ID's which are used within games. As an example Battlefield Bad Company has a differerent ID than Pogo or Command and Conquer.

Your Origin ID "EA ID" is the one you will allways show in Origin unless you change it here:

http://www.origin.com/change-id

Please note that EA ID's are unique and only one person can use the ID.

Message 2 of 4 (1,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm aware that the persona denoted as "EA Id" is the default identification name for Origin.  I also have ones for PSN and NeedforSpeed.com.  However on top of those I have unmarked ones (they have no site reference as denoted in brackets for EA Id, PSN, or NFS.com) which were created by EA staff to ensure that others couldn't steal my identification via different spellings of my name.

When I enter profile.ea.com I can select anyone of those names for my persona.  However if I go through Origin.com it will not let me select any Id except the default one.  As a result I've had to come up with an alternate spelling that was never included in the original account.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 3 of 4 (1,529 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

that is not a problem i see i have many personas that dont have something under it describing and it is Ok i know where they came from

Message 4 of 4 (1,524 Views)