Re: All origin games lag unless I start them with Origin in offline mode

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All origin games lag unless I start them with Origin in offline mode

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I am having issues with any Origin game thats needs to connect online (Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront in my case). The games will take forever to load anything, there is extremely bad lag in the menus and in the whole game from loading a level to just launch the Battlefield 4 campaign.

If I put Origin in offline mode, everything is back to normal and I am then able to launch the games, browse the menus and play single player without any problems but as soon as I'm connecting (like in Battlefront) it will start to lag so much that clicking anything takes about 1 tp 3 minutes to do anything.

I've tried running Origin in R&D mode, disabled all notifications and Origin in game on all games, reinstalled Origin, disabled Antivirus and firewall, put my router in DMZ, repaired the games, reinstalled drivers, disabled the cloud storage options, nothing changes.

I have no issues with other games like on Steam for example, only issue comes from origin (the client) and not the games as if I put Origin offline, games work just fine but of course can't be played...which is a problem with Battlefield 4.

Downloads are extremely slow in Origin in any case, I have a 60mbps connection and I can barely get to 900ko  to 1.1mb a second downloads. Nothing seems to be able to fix the problem.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro X64. The games are currently on a velociraptor drive but the issue remains the same if I move them to my SSD.

Specs : Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5Ghz

16gb DDR4 memory

Geforce GTX 980Ti

Can anyone help me out with this connection speed issue with the Origin client ? I start to feel pretty desperate.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 13 (12,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hi,

running clean boot didn't change anything for this problem, resetting my Lan settings and flushing all IP/firewall info etc didn't fix it either.

Those hard drives working fine for every other game system(Steam and GoG) so I doubt running a chkdisk will fix anything but I'll give it a shot, sfc /scannow returned no errors found in my registry.

I will give your tool a shot to completely uninstall Origin and reinstall it , hoping this will fix it.

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (13,936 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello.

1) Run command line as Admin and enter a commands

ECHO Y | CHKDSK C: /F /X

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /spsuperseded /hidesp
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
SFC /SCANNOW
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Restart PC.

2) If it truble with connections try this:

Check hosts file https://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Run command line as Admin and enter a commands:

netsh http flush
netsh branchcache reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
netsh interface tcp reset || netsh interface reset all
netsh advfirewall reset || netsh firewall reset
route -f

Restart PC.

3) If problems in Origin try use my script for clean of Origin data and reinstall it. Download it, delete .txt in name and run it as Admin.

Message 2 of 13 (12,161 Views)

Community Manager

@ShadowWolfQc125 Hi,

Just to add on to the previous suggestions, do you have a multi-monitor setup?

If you do, try clicking on the Origin store within the Origin Client first, and then minimizing the client while you have the game open. Does this reduce the lag?

Additionally run a Clean Boot and let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 13 (12,154 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

running clean boot didn't change anything for this problem, resetting my Lan settings and flushing all IP/firewall info etc didn't fix it either.

Those hard drives working fine for every other game system(Steam and GoG) so I doubt running a chkdisk will fix anything but I'll give it a shot, sfc /scannow returned no errors found in my registry.

I will give your tool a shot to completely uninstall Origin and reinstall it , hoping this will fix it.

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

Message 4 of 13 (13,937 Views)

Community Manager

@ShadowWolfQc125 Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 13 (12,118 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I completely uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the Origin client, removing all registry keys referring to it and my games are booting up normally now.

The issue that remained was the slow connectivity but I found out that the Asusgamefirst service was the culprit.

Thank you for your help!

Message 6 of 13 (12,109 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much; the Asusgamefirst service was screwing up my Battlefront and Battlefield 1 Beta.

Message 7 of 13 (12,061 Views)

Community Manager

@DinkyNOLA Hi,

Thanks for letting us know that this was the culprit for you as well, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 13 (12,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same in TITAN FALL 2 for me

Message 9 of 13 (11,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem here. Playing with battlefield and star wars 2 is lagging a lot. FPS problem. I have no idea what to do, I have an MSI so I dont have that Asusgamefirst
Message 10 of 13 (10,172 Views)