Re: All friends are gone after suggested password reset

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All friends are gone after suggested password reset

★★ Novice

I reset my password, after i was requested to do it while logging in to Battlelog and now all of my friends in Origin have been removed.

Message 1 of 6 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@TheAustrianPro

I checked your account and I can see logins from multiple countries across the globe which indicates that your account has been hacked. You can contact a German speaking Advisor via https://help.ea.com/en/

I did check the other topic you linked but that issue is not related to what you are experiencing. The players there are simply logging in to the wrong account, which is not the case for you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (369 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@TheAustrianPro

Are you still able to play the game? I am asking this because you might be logging in on the wrong account in which case you won't see your friends.

Note that we won't be able to restore your friends. However, you might be hacked if you are logging in on the correct account and your friends are gone. Please reach out to an EA Advisors via EA Help to secure your account again:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

Message 2 of 6 (366 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey thanks for your response.

No i am sure thats its the right account (i only have one). The only weird thing i noticed is that my name here in the answers section is still TyroleanBadass (i changed to that name for a short period of time on battlelog long time ago). But my Origin account name is TheAustrianPro.

Yeah as Austria isn't available to select i tried to opt for the live chat, but i've been waiting now for over 2 hours to get connected to a support member.

Well if your'e not able to restore my friends list i guess the support team wont be able to help me anyway. But you guys should really look into this as it seems i am not the only one experiencing this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Changed-my-origin-password-and-my-games-and-friends-are-gone/td-p/42...

Message 3 of 6 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@TheAustrianPro

I checked your account and I can see logins from multiple countries across the globe which indicates that your account has been hacked. You can contact a German speaking Advisor via https://help.ea.com/en/

I did check the other topic you linked but that issue is not related to what you are experiencing. The players there are simply logging in to the wrong account, which is not the case for you.

Message 4 of 6 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Alright now that i know whats going on i can at least set some counter measures. I changed all of my passwords and hopefully that will keep them out. Still wondering a bit what hackers gain of removing all of your friends from your list but hey if it can't be undone, i just have to accept it Standard smile Thanks for your hint with the phone number (its hard to find in the support area as Austria is never mentioned as available contact area and if you choose Germany its obviously a german number). Just as a hint if you ever encounter another Austrian who might need that number you need to remove the leading 0 from it if you post it with the international area code [Removed by CM]

Thanks again for your help Tom,

Have a great day!

Message 5 of 6 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@TheAustrianPro

From my understanding most hackers just want to be annoying, and what can be more annoying than removing someones entire friends list.. Teeth bared

I've updated the phone number in my original post and will definitely keep that in mind for next time. Thanks for the tip! Another thing I checked up on for you is the availability of Austrian support on EA Help. It seems that while we allow players to select their country, assistance is mostly being provided based on language. When selecting Germany for help, this is the final message I received:

AustrianSupport.PNG

Since I don't directly deal with that side of support myself, I wasn't fully aware (I am now!). I will also update my contact us information for other users whom in the future might also have that question.

It seems that this was a very productive talk for the both of us.. Standard smile

Have a great night,

Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)