Add or Delete Payment Method

by notlostnow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Add or Delete Payment Method

★ Apprentice

My debit card got compromised (not an Origin/EA issue) and I need to delete it as a payment method and add the replacement card so I can continue to purchase games, expansions, and stuff packs.  The problem is, it won't open the page to allow me to do so!  I am getting there by opening Origin, and then... 

At the top left of my screen, I click Origin

From the pull-down menu I select EA Account and Billing.

Customer Portal opens

I select Payment & Shipping. It brings up my payment methods. It will change the Primary Payment Method, but will not Delete or Add Payment Method.

It just gets STUCK and won't open the page to enter the information.  I have cleaned my Internet cache, logged out of Origin, and rebooted the computer, all with the same result.

Message 1 of 16 (11,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Add or Delete Payment Method

★★★ Apprentice

Sup.

1)Did you try another browsers? 

2) Try to update java or delete and install it again

P.S probably it will be better if you use online chat or telephone call to EA hopefully they can delete it)

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (12,153 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Sup.

1)Did you try another browsers? 

2) Try to update java or delete and install it again

P.S probably it will be better if you use online chat or telephone call to EA hopefully they can delete it)

Message 2 of 16 (12,154 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will try a different browser or maybe a different PC altogether, and if that doesn't work, I'll see if I can figure out how to get to Online Chat with EA.

BTW, this is on a Windows 10 PC using Windows Edge because Internet Explorer had gotten glitch and unbelievably slow.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 3 of 16 (11,469 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried the same method using Internet Explorer and it worked!!!  Apparently, there is an issue with the Windows Edge browser.

Message 4 of 16 (11,461 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Сongratulations! Thank you for communication)

Message 5 of 16 (11,450 Views)

EA DICE Team

@notlostnow

Glad to hear that you got it working!

Thanks for helping out, @papatym.

Message 6 of 16 (11,439 Views)

★ Novice

I am unable to delete the payments on file to put in a new payment card to purchase coins/gems....have tried different browsers, it won't give me the option to delete!!!!! Very frustrated!!!!!

Please help fix this issue!!!

Message 7 of 16 (7,938 Views)

Community Manager

That's an odd one @Dustie2323.

If there is no way for you to remove a payment method in your account then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 16 (7,922 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the reply....I have sent in requests for help....4 times in the past 3 days....and it always comes back with Case Closed...and no results!!!!! If there is a # I could call that

would be great, or a live chat would be ideal.......at the end of the day I guess they don't want my money...LOL....just getting very frustrated....I have tried different browsers, etc.....

Message 9 of 16 (7,886 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Dustie2323 if you open multiple cases about the same issue then duplicates will be closed.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 16 (7,837 Views)