Account stolen

by swemesser

Original Post

Account stolen

★★★ Newbie

So today I received an e-mail stating that my e-mail address had been changed and that I should use the new one to login. In the mail there was a link saying that "if you did not request this change, please contact customer support".

So, since I hadn't changed the e-mail I clicked the link. Clicking it, I'm taken to a page where I can purchase games or login with my origin account. After browsing around for a couple of minutes I realize that there's a help button. I click on it and after a couple of more clicks I see other people's questions and answers. 

The common response to these is to contact customer support and a link. The new link takes me back to the old page [swedish version]. And in order to get any more help I need to have an account. So I create a new account and after creating the account and filling in a lot of information and stuff I'm finally able to access customer support.

So I start filling out the information for the question, after 4 areas and browsing for origin as product, it turns out that I'm not able to contact customer support. All areas are grayed out. It seems like customer support is closed for the day? I can't get any information except a phone number to a place that's open 9-22 and it's 22:42 where I live... 

Feedback since you claim that you are interested in it:

1) The site navigation is horrible,

2) when I click a link for "contact customer support" from an e-mail where you know that I might have been hacked, how can you require me to login to my account?

3) Why are all the areas (even the one regarding e-mail) grayed out when I finally manage to get to the customer support site

Well, I'm still in same situation, my previous account was hacked, I have a new account with no games on, and I'm in need of help

I can't contact customer support

I can't login to my old account

Now what?

Message 1 of 2 (198 Views)

Re: Account stolen

[ Edited ]
Hero

Go here again (yes, it's probably the same page you have already been on): https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose:

1. Login with your new account
  2. Go all the way to the bottom of the page and choose US as country
  3. Enter Origin as product
  4. Select Account/Registration as Category
  5. Choose PC as Platform
  6. You should now have the option for live chat (it does seem to be random if you get it or not though)

If you don't, you probably need to wait till tomorrow when the phone lines for your country are open again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)