Re: Account recovery form

by gfish2010

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account recovery form

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I lost access to my email address accosiated with my EA account, I filled out an account recovery form a week ago and had no response whatsoever they said 72 hours, 

yes I used an email I do have access to

yes I have checked all my spam folders

yes I have contacted an advisor multiple times and they tell me to just wait

i know my security question but they don’t care, I have the correct password but they don’t care

i have tried to recover my old email address but it was created so long ago its impossible

what else am I supposed to do, it still signs me in to the help page but I can’t get any further 

Message 1 of 32 (40,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @fpsdann, If you already log in to that account go to the account page and change the email on the page by clicking here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/ for next steps

I just want to confirm, that it was this web page that you used:https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

There is nothing we can do AHQ to speed up the process for you.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. 

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (40,045 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @fpsdann, If you already log in to that account go to the account page and change the email on the page by clicking here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/ for next steps

I just want to confirm, that it was this web page that you used:https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

There is nothing we can do AHQ to speed up the process for you.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. 

/Atic

Message 2 of 32 (40,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi did you have any joy? I have the same issue and Ea were no help at all!
Message 3 of 32 (39,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes i need help. i cannot play any ea games  until this problem is rectified.

Message 4 of 32 (39,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I need help as well.

Have no access to the email my account was created under.

I think I know my password, but I'm told the account credentials have expired.

Was repeatedly sent to the account recovery web form, only to get a canned reply saying that they don't have enough information to help me.  If I get more info, please let them know.

Here's the thing--they don't tell me what info they need, and every time I reopen the case to ask them what they need, within 30 minutes I get the same message  saying that they don't have enough information to help me.  If I get more info, please let them know.  

The support system is useless because all they will do is send me to the web form. 

Also, given that no one in this thread appears to have had any luck, I question why this thread is flagged as "Solved".

Message 5 of 32 (38,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Account recovery is useless and I'm stuck with an account that has an email address I can't even log into because it has expired for being so old. I've never been so upset over something that could be fixed by having the option to link my Xbox account to another EA account.

Message 6 of 32 (38,524 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like this is hardly an isolated problem.  Will EA do anything about it?

Message 7 of 32 (38,515 Views)

★★ Novice
Apparently not , smh
Message 8 of 32 (38,070 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
EA is a * joke, wish another company could compete and make a decent sports game.
Message 9 of 32 (36,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

same issue, email account hasn’t existed for a couple years 

Message 10 of 32 (36,753 Views)