Re: Account password reset for a xbox live family account

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Account password reset for a xbox live family account

★★★ Newbie

While i was trying to log in to a game on my Xbox a pop-up asking for me to reset my password appeared. The account i was playing on at the time had a Xbox live family email resulting in the problem Checking the account email showed no email from Ea. I hope someone has had this problem and fixed it as i have a lot of progress in many ea games but now i cant accesses anything

Message 1 of 4 (382 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Siryeeeeeet

The email address registered to the Xbox doesn't need to match the email registered to the EA account linked up to the Xbox account. This is mostly likely why there was no password reset link in that emails inbox, the password reset link will only generate for emails registered to the EA account. 

Are you able to log into your EA account through the EA Help website with an alternative email? If not, that's ok, you can try logging in to your EA Account on EA Help using the Xbox account where you play your EA games instead.

To do that:

1. Click Log In at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. On the pop-up window that appears, choose to log in with your PlayStation Network account, Xbox Live account, Steam account, Apple ID, Facebook account, or Google account: EA Help sign-in prompt with first-party login buttons for Google, Facebook, Apple, Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN.
  3. Another pop-up will appear for the platform you chose. Log in using your sign-in details for that account.
  4. If the account you sign into is linked to an EA Account, you’ll now be logged in on EA Help. You can view your account information and make updates in the EA Account Settings portal by clicking Accounts > Change email address.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Greetings @EA_Lanna 

Thank you for responding, but when i click on the xbox  symbol in the pop up i am asked to reset my password. Any idea how to fix this

Thank you for responding

Message 3 of 4 (299 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Siryeeeeeet

If you no longer have access to your email address and can’t log in using a connected account, the support team can try to help you recover your account. Contact them directly so they can help.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (263 Views)