Re: Account logged in to from other computer

by Indys2nd

Original Post

Account logged in to from other computer

★★★ Novice

Had Origin tell me twice now that my account was logged into from another computer.

First time, I changed my password and enabled authenticator. All was well for ~2 weeks. However, tonight it shoved me offline again with the same message. 

I found some older threads stating this as a bug due to network problems (which we are having as of late at my home). So I'm thinking this bug is still around and nobody actually tried to log in to my account. I enabled authenticator after all, so they would need my phone to go online.

However, the first time this occured, all of my contacts/friends were gone from my account. I had only 2 people added and both of them were removed from that list. I had to re-add them. It hasn't happened yet this time and I'm not sure if I should change my password again. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Message 1 of 2 (250 Views)

Re: Account logged in to from other computer

Hero (Retired)

If you're unsure, change it again. And make it a really difficult and much longer password. Write it down somewhere, because you won't remember it. If you have multiple places where you use the same password, change that too and make it different than the one you use to log into Origin. For both Origin and Steam I make my passwords 1. impossible for me to even remember 2. really long and difficult with all the options available to me (random capital letters, numbers, other symbols, etc.)

It was a good idea to enable authenticator on your account but you also want to make sure you password is not easy or short. It very well could have just logged you off. Many times when I use a smart device, I find that I need to reenter my password and give permission (usually by EA or another company that I deal with sending me a code) in order to be able to log onto a site or app. 

Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)