Account keeps getting hacked by Russians

by maxxisassault1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account keeps getting hacked by Russians

★★★ Newbie

My account keeps getting changed to Russian Email addresses, this is the second time it has happened now.

Message 1 of 19 (14,916 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account keeps getting hacked by Russians

Hero (Retired)

Hello @maxxisassault1

You should contact EA support to recover access to your Account:  How to contact EA support

Also, please check this article about How to improve your Security https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (15,053 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @maxxisassault1

You should contact EA support to recover access to your Account:  How to contact EA support

Also, please check this article about How to improve your Security https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Message 2 of 19 (15,054 Views)

Message 3 of 19 (14,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, as mentioned the linked articles will give you the right steps to maintain account security. 

You may want to also change any shared passwords, in case more than your EA account is compromised. 

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 19 (14,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's just my EA account.

Otherwise they'd of taken over my Email and Steam account which has a hell of lot more worth than BF4/BF1.

Also I've been waiting for over 15 minutes in call listening to god awful * music.

Message 5 of 19 (14,785 Views)

Would be a good idea to scan your PC for possible malware, trojans, backdoors and such.

Good free antivirus software: BidDefender, Panda (very light on resources, as the program is kept in cloud), Avira and Avast

Good free antimalware software: Malewarebytes Antimalware (it doesn't have real-time monitoring, but it gets updates and you can scan and eliminate any potential threat, really good at malware elimination)

Good firewall solutions: Zone Alarm (free or paid, though i would recommend getting a paid license) and TinyWall (improves the Windows Firewall giving it more functionality and putting it on par with other firewall solutions and is really light on resources, hands down my personall favorite, as it can be configured easily, even by people less tech-savvy).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 19 (14,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I had been having issues with russians too in my ea account they cant hack it because i have the 2 step active but i get the verification codes in my mobile and the language of the messages are in russian already changed my password loads of times but it keeps happening they keep cracking it ( for me to get the 2 step codes all the time means they have my pass) dunno what to do anymore but they cant get into my account without the code anyway.

I have a brand new predator helios 300 latest win10 pro superantyspiware, nod32 and malwarebytes so i'm pretty sure it's not malware trojan's or backdoors which it's really weird how they manage to hack my pass every time

Message 7 of 19 (14,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe EA could improve things on their end!!!! Multiple hack attempts on a weekly basis, behind a vpn and 2 firewalls with no downloaded software from ea or origin...hmmm only one way they are obtaining info and that’s from EA.

Message 8 of 19 (13,103 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ravanelli007 if you are seeing multiple hacking attempts then the best thing to do is ensure that your account is set up with login verification: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/

I would also suggest updating your email password as generally, this is how a compromise gets your account details. I can assure you that no one from EA has shared your information with anyone else.

You can check to see if your email address account details have been involved in any data breaches here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

This is a third party site unaffiliated with EA so as always caution is advised.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 19 (13,075 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @xapim.

If it is a case where your password is being reset then this would point to the compromised having access to your email or other.

You can use the link I posted above to check to see if your email account info has ever been listed in a data breach.

To ensure your account is safe and secure please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 19 (13,072 Views)