Re: Account help?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Account help?

★★★ Novice

So to fill in on the whole situation: I just got a new computer. It does not have a disk drive. So i have to redeem my hard copies of my sims 3 expansion packs onto origin. It tells me all my codes are invalid/already redeemed.

So here's the issue. This is the only origin account I've ever had. The games are not on this account. I lose literally over half of the game by not being able to get my hard copies. I've talked to support 5 times now, the most recent time the guy ended the chat while I was still trying to get help.

My only theories: 1) I changed my email on the account a while ago (from my mom's old, no longer accessible email to my current one) and it messed with the items on the account (and I just never noticed because I had my games installed from the disc, which has no issues being downloaded with an already-redeemed code, apparently). Or 2) Thesims3.com ported an account I used to have to origin, moving all my registered games with it (because i do remember registering the games).

But here's the issue with 2: I have no way of knowing what email it is under. Absolutely no way. At first I tried to go backwards through EA.com and create an account with all the possible emails, and only one came back with a "You already have an account, would you like to sign in?" But when I was talking with support a bit ago, I asked him to confirm the email with me and he said no, that was not the email that my games were registered under.

Well now I have absolutely no starting point for this, and the guy on support didn't do anything besides constantly tell me to fill out the account recovery form, even when I was trying to ask him to explain to me how I should do that when I don't even have the email. Then he wouldn't tell me the email (Which i get why, policies, yada yada), but he wouldnt even tell me the first letter so i could have a place to start looking. (I talked to 2 people today, that was guy #2. Guy #1 actually told me that the games were registered under my account I am on now, but even after clearing my cache like he said, they aren't available in my origin account.

I am seriously at a loss for this, my ONLY lead for trying to recover my account, i was told it was incorrect. Even if it WAS correct, I have 0 way of accessing that email (my security question answers aren't being accepted, even though they're correct.). The only other possibility (that I just went to check) is in the same boat. When trying to recover the emails, one tells me the email isn't found, and the other doesn't accept my security answers.

Without even knowing the email, there's nothing on this form I can fill out because everything has changed so much and/or it's just been so long. I really can't afford to replace everything for the sims 3 that I am now losing, and through all the times I went on with EA support, only one felt like they actually made an effort to help me, and I wish I was able to get them again today (they were the first person I spoke to today, the live chat had to end because the solution he gave required me restarting my PC).

TLDR I know absolutely nothing about what account my games are on, yet all I'm being told is to submit an account recovery form, and when I tell them I dont know enough info for it, they constantly tell me to just fill out what I know, but literally the only thing I know for sure about this mystery account is that my hard copies of the game are tied to it.

Does anyone have any advice for what I can do?

Message 1 of 5 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @chicken12365 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

There is nothing that we can do on AHQ to assist with an issue such as this, as such the best thing to do is fill out the account recovery form and include your CD keys.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (553 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chicken12365 It said my account was invalid when I go on to play
Message 3 of 5 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chelsealea2003 And my account kyloren8101 said invalid account can you tell me why
Message 4 of 5 (441 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @chelsealea2003 you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (387 Views)