Re: Account disabled - No chat or phone options shown to contact.

by Roasted_Giblets

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account disabled - No chat or phone options shown to contact.

★ Novice

Hi,

My account was comprimised back in Oct 18.

I contacted support regarding this and the issues that arose from it. Support have said that they have temporarily disabled access to my account.

I've made a number of cases regarding this to try and get access to my account back.

The answer that I always recieve is :

"Hello,

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your EA account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. During this period you will not be able to log in to your EA account or the online portions of our games. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

In order to regain access to your account, you will need to contact a Customer Service representative via http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ using chat or phone.( Please select Manage My account & Cant login)

Once our Customer Service team have confirmed you are the correct owner of the account, your account will be reactivated. Please understand that by doing this, we will ensure the security of your account, which is a priority to us.

For further information on how to keep your account safe please see the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

We appreciate your patience and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience our actions may have caused, however, the safety and security of our player’s accounts and personal information is of the utmost importance to us.

Thanks
EA Terms of Service
"

So I click on the link "http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/" Select Origin, Manage My Account, & Can't login.

This gives me a text box stating :

"It looks like your account, or the game account where you're trying to get help, broke our rules.

You can review the rules in our article.https://help.ea.com/uk/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Think your account was banned or suspended by mistake? We can create a case for you to get help with that instead.

Would you like to do that?"

it takes me to :

Think your account was banned or suspended by mistake? Fill out our webform.
Fill us in

We want to help! Let us know if you think the ban or suspension on your EA Account or one of the user names connected to it was a mistake.

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already."

So I go back and change the issue to "Banned or suspended account", then select contact option. This takes me to the email webform for creating a case :

"RECOMMENDED SUPPORT OPTION

Click the plus sign in the Email section below to fill out our webform. Make sure to include these details in the form so we can help you:

• Detailed info that includes any error or notification messages that you saw.
  • Your username—this is your EA ID, PlayStation™Network Online ID, Xbox Live gamertag, EA mobile game-specific User ID, game-specific user name, or forum user name and forum language.
  • The email address that’s on your banned or suspended EA Account.

You can check out our article for more info about what to expect."

Under other support options the only other option is Email

Also on the information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts page at the bottom it states:

"Can I talk to an Advisor about this?

We're happy to help you with your games and other questions when you call or chat with us. But the team that helps with banned and suspended accounts only works via email. By submitting this webform, your case will be with the team that specifically works on account bans and suspensions."

If I chose to create a case then it takes me back to the webform to generate a new email case.

So I'm stuck in a loop where there is only an email contact option, and the answer that I recieve is to contact via phone or chat.

But there is no phone or chat contact option available to me.

While typing this I have just gotten the same response to my latest case that I have raised.

This issue persists accross the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Edge, so I do not feel that it is browser or cookie related.

Cases history :

43477375 - 10/10/18

43491177 - 12/10/18

43716786 - 14/10/18

52462856 - 7/11/19

52462856 - 8/11/19

The title of the last one was " Suspended account. Can't login. Need Help - There is no Phone of Chat option". 

I then recieved this reply
"Hello,

We've noticed some unusual activity on your EA account.

To help keep your account safe, we've locked it down until we can be sure you're the only person with access to it. During this period you will not be able to log in to your EA account or the online portions of our games.

What this means

Get in touch with us so we can help secure your account and check that no unauthorised changes have been made. Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&issue=hacked-a... and schedule a phone call or chat with one of our advisors.

Better security starts with you. Follow our tips to set up your account securely, including turning on Login Verification: https://help.ea.com/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Remember, never share your EA Account login details with anyone.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service
"

I go to the link " https://help.ea.com/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&issue=hacked-a...and the only option at the bottom is to generate a new case via email.

"It looks like your account, or the game account where you're trying to get help, broke our rules.

You can review the rules in our article.https://help.ea.com/en/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Think your account was banned or suspended by mistake? We can create a case for you to get help with that instead.

Would you like to do that?"

So I'm stuck in a loop with support where I cannot seem to contact anyone except via email, and when I do that I'm always told to use phone or chat. Which is not given as an option on any of the links that I am told to visit.

Can you please help me with this because I can't find any contact details and I don't know what else I am supposed to do.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (2,988 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hi @TaT_uk_003,

Hiya! Can you reach out to us on Twitter at @EAHelp for assistance on this please? We can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ, but an advisor on Twitter should be able to resolve this for you after verifying your account ownership. 
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,932 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @TaT_uk_003,

Hiya! Can you reach out to us on Twitter at @EAHelp for assistance on this please? We can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ, but an advisor on Twitter should be able to resolve this for you after verifying your account ownership. 
EACade
Message 2 of 6 (2,933 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same exact situation.  I get stuck in a loop where I cannot contact anyone.  I also tried twitter and never got a response.  So I would have to say this is not a viable option either.

Message 3 of 6 (2,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am stuck in the same EA help loop. My account was compromised and a person switched my associated email address. Then they proceeded to use hacks in FIFA with my account. I have never owned or played FIFA in my life. I was able to reach an EA agent on the 1st of this month and we secured my account and setup 2 Factor Authentication. I played all weekend on my account only to log in on the 4th to find out my account was Permanently Blocked as a result of the hacker. I have spent a lot of money over several years investing into my games only to find myself in an endless EA help loop now. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,628 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @xknatehtknarfx,

Please follow these steps http://bit.ly/ContactAccountDisputes to have this issue addressed.

We cannot assist with a banned account over AHQ.
EACade
Message 5 of 6 (2,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What you are doing is not helping people just unlock the chat option I have emailed several times it has not helped at all

Message 6 of 6 (2,487 Views)