Account banned due to a payment issue

by emoectic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account banned due to a payment issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hi,

I share an Origin account with my girlfriend. Some years ago, she purchased a Sims game with her credit card in the holiday season. Sadly, because of another purchase, someone started making unauthorised payments with it so we had to cancel this card. The payment made for Origin then got declined without us knowing it (we thought it passed already).

After this, our account got blocked from buying more games without ANY notice of some kind. Even if we explained the situation back then, the customer service was rude and unhelpful. It was apparently decisive and nothing could be done about it. At least, we were able to keep playing our games (that we paid of course).

Recently, we bought The Sims 4: Seasons on Amazon. When we tried to install it with Origin, it seems the account was completely blocked. My girlfriend was told that since the policies updated, our account was banned (without notice, again). She tried to contact you again but no answers...

So, because of a unfortunate event and misunderstanding, we are banned from buying and playing any game from your company ? We're losing HUNDREDS of dollars invested in The Sims only because nobody would let us explain the situation ? How is it supposed to be right ?

Can a manager reply to this and un-ban the account so we can at least enjoy the games that we PAID ? It was never in our intention to try a fraud or anything, we canceled the card back then to protect ourselves from a thief. If we knew the payment didn't passed, we would gladly pay it again. We never got contacted for the problem, it's very unfair. Please do something about this...

(I contacted the customer service today and they told me to post my issue in the forums as it's the only thing they can do apparently)
Message 1 of 4 (1,622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account banned due to a payment issue

Community Manager

@emoectic

This is not an issue we can help directly with here on AHQ.

I apologise that you may have been given the idea that we can overturn your account ban here when that is not the case.

As this is an account based issue, no private information can be discussed on this public forum.

Again, apologies and we ask for our understanding on this.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,576 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@emoectic

This is not an issue we can help directly with here on AHQ.

I apologise that you may have been given the idea that we can overturn your account ban here when that is not the case.

As this is an account based issue, no private information can be discussed on this public forum.

Again, apologies and we ask for our understanding on this.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,577 Views)

★★ Novice

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm furious. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,410 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @haleoslight.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,348 Views)