Re: Account banned after installing game

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account banned after installing game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Very recently I purchased  Jedi fallen Order via steam and was required to reinstall Origin, after years of avoiding it. Afterwards I briefly played the game shut down my system for the night.

Only to figure out my account was banned overnight! I've sent emails about this over the past few days with no reply. And through some miracle I managed to at the

very least talk to someone on the phone so my case can be "escalated". Yet not a single email has been sent over the past few days.

It would be very helpful if I was given the bare minimum of an explanation for why I was banned. Especially since EA doesn't tend to inform people
they have been banned. Unless installing Origin through the game is the issue?

Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @shroud66

I'm really sorry, but account bans aren't something that we can investigate here on Answers HQ. Only the Terms of Service team can look into bans and determine if they can be overturned. If you've already contacted them via email that is all you would need to do for now. They will follow up with you as soon as they have been able to review your account. 

Unfortunately we don't have a time frame on how long that might take. It can vary depending on the number of cases the team is working on. Thanks for being patient while this is under investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (239 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @shroud66

I'm really sorry, but account bans aren't something that we can investigate here on Answers HQ. Only the Terms of Service team can look into bans and determine if they can be overturned. If you've already contacted them via email that is all you would need to do for now. They will follow up with you as soon as they have been able to review your account. 

Unfortunately we don't have a time frame on how long that might take. It can vary depending on the number of cases the team is working on. Thanks for being patient while this is under investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)