Account Probably Hacked

by FiRe666KiNg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Probably Hacked

★★ Novice

Account Probably Hacked

I checked my email on Dec 29th and noticed I had an email from EA on Dec 26th saying I have been permanently banned from online multiplayer Battlefield V. I thought that was strange as I hadn't played in awhile due to the holidays. I logged into EA support and submitted a ticket saying it was strange as I hadn't played in awhile etc.

I checked my email today to see if I had a response and noticed I didn't have one. I went to login to my EA account to check the status when I noticed that my password wasn't working. Hmm strange, as it worked just two days earlier. I requested to reset my password but did not receive a password reset email. Very weird.

Somehow I was able to sign in using my PSN id as my browser had the information saved. When I logged in I noticed that my username has changed to Batbfv3b0taca and when I checked my support cases my ticket was there from the 29th. I went to change my email and it asked for me to re-login using some weird email address that isn't mine. I tried to change my password but it wouldn't let me either, same issue as previous.

What I have been able to do is change my email address from the weird one to my usual one for this board. I received a verify email address msg and have been able to complete that. Basically I have been able to regain some control of this EA Answers HQ account, but have no control over my EA account. I have a recent order confirmation as proof of original email address.

What do now?

Message 1 of 6 (628 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Probably Hacked

Community Manager

Hey @FiRe666KiNg if there is a ban on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (547 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @FiRe666KiNg if there is a ban on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (548 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I did all that at the time. Just heard back yesterday on my ticket. I've regained control but am working on restoring my banned BFV account. Will update as things progress.

Message 3 of 6 (493 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got access to your account again @FiRe666KiNg.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (433 Views)

★★ Novice

For some closure, I finally regained access to Battlefield V multiplayer today. It was a process but in the process I did two live chats, and both experiences were great.

Message 5 of 6 (377 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @FiRe666KiNg.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (349 Views)