Account Ineligible

by ngrrobson2

Original Post

Account Ineligible

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, I have two origin accounts, one with all my games, and the other with "Battlefield 4" only. And I would like to transfer this game of mine to my other account, so that all games would be on one account, right? BUT in the process I was told that my account was "Ineligible". Could someone explain to me what does an "Ineligible" account mean? there is something I can do about it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (461 Views)

Re: Account Ineligible

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @ngrrobson2 

If you want to transfer a game from one account to another then they would need to meet specific requirements.

I don't know the reason for your account not being eligible but It could be a region issue or if any of your accounts have a ban against them.

You can only have your account or games merged/transferred to another account by contacting an EA adviser: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
Just be aware that you will lose all stats and progress for any games you want transferring and if It's not possible to transfer then they will tell you why.

For more info about transfers and merges see here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-accounts-and-persona-transfers

Message 2 of 6 (426 Views)

★★ Novice
@CarbonCarl Yo, thanks for answering me.
Not even I know the reason for my being ineligible.
It may be a regional problem because I am from South America and I was assisted by an American EA advisor.
My main suspicion is: I have two Xbox accounts linked to the principal EA account, one of them I have full access to, and the other does not.
Do you think that if I unlink the inactive Xbox account from my primary EA account, it could become eligible?
Message 3 of 6 (411 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ngrrobson2

It could be worth a try, but really only an adviser can tell you the exact reason. It’s a tricky one for sure.
Message 4 of 6 (404 Views)

★★ Novice
@CarbonCarl well I had a conversation with a adviser, and he said that is not possible transfer just one game, but instead of this he suggested to merge my both EA accounts, and something that I only have acknowledge while we talk is: WHAT MAKE A EA ACCOUNT INELIGIBLE IS BECAUSE THERE ARE CONSOLE ACCOUNTS LINKED. In the own advisor words "This account can't be merged into a different one because it has console accounts linked to it. We can merge the other account into this one if there are no console accounts linked to it and need to check other things as well."
Sorry for long text and the Caps Lock, but that's a big discovery to me that I haven't heard no one talking.
Do you have heard a case like that? Cause my plan is unlink all my console account, and then, the merge one EA account would be linked to the same console gamertags.
Message 5 of 6 (387 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ngrrobson2

I wasn’t aware that you can’t transfer single games but I guess it’s because of the region price difference and possibly the hassle that comes with it.

I also didn’t know about the console links either, but that makes sense otherwise you wouldn’t be able to remove a console from the account if it doesn’t exist anymore, although I see no harm in them unlinking upon merge.

So yes unlink and then try would be good, you could always relink them if you still couldn’t merge etc.
Message 6 of 6 (346 Views)