[Old Report] Account Ineligible (XBOX)

by Rec0rda

Original Post

Re: Account Ineligible (XBOX)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I’ve reset my password, I’ve uninstalled games and so on, I’ve even tried to delete my account and etc. but it still won’t work. I’ve played apex for a year and never have I ever lost my account to invalid. This makes me so mad that ea nor origin can fix this problem. I need this fixed now cause of Season 5 drops next Tuesday for apex! But yet all my other games I play are with ea and I can get in them just fine! Get this fixed!!!!

Message 21 of 217 (3,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@xNotoriousx29Tried again today. Customer service will do nothing. They make you submit an form for someone to get back with you. So far I've talked to 4 different people within 24 hours. No one wants to help me. Still can't play my two brand new EA games. Going to be returning mine today since I can't play. They also stated that due to the recent "world events" they have no call center or nowhere to call into. Still no help with my account and my six year old is sad about not playing Plants Vs Zombies. We have Mario kart though we will be fine. EA just lost any revenue from my family.

Message 22 of 217 (3,156 Views)

Community Manager

@gerdon4uva 

It will most likely take a few days to get a response. Keep in mind, we've had an extreme number of people start playing lately due to the pandemic. This means there are very high amounts of people trying to use accounts they haven't used in years. It's taking time to go over every submission, investigate their accounts and restore access. It's a very involved process that takes time. I definitely get the frustration, but we're doing all we can to keep accounts secure and with their original owners. 

Aljo.png
Message 23 of 217 (3,145 Views)

Community Manager

@xNotoriousx29 

How did you make a case? Also, if you haven't, I'd advise contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or post on their Facebook page at facebook.com/eahelphub.

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 217 (3,145 Views)

Community Manager

@B-Bat93 

Are you sure you're logging in with the right account? Normally, waiting 90 minutes as well as changing your password resolves this, but if you're changing the password for an account that isn't linked to the one you're trying to play on, the change won't be reflected and you'll still get that same invalid message.

Aljo.png
Message 25 of 217 (3,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo the frustration here is the EA account is completely unnecessary. The fact that I can't delete/edit/create a new login to get in is insane. You all are purposely preventing me from playing a game I paid for. On the box it doesn't state anywhere an EA account is necessary to play the game.
Message 26 of 217 (3,119 Views)

Community Manager

@gerdon4uva 

We aren't purposely preventing you from playing. That's not what we're trying to do. We want you to be able to play and are doing all we can to make that happen. You're certainly welcome to create a new account, but that won't let you play the games you've already purchased as those are tied to the account they were purchased on. Unless it's a disk. Then you should be able to create a new gamertag and EA account to play.

I definitely get the frustration of this. The best I can suggest is to ensure you're actually trying to use the right account. That has been one of the biggest issues here. People are logging in with an email that they think their main account is on, but that's not correct. If you have multiple emails, it's possible you created your account with a different email and that is the one you need to change the password for. If you are using the right email and don't have access to it, you must go through the account recovery process. Which, can take a few days.

Aljo.png
Message 27 of 217 (3,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo there is no need for an EA account. If this account didn't exist I would be able to out in my disk I purchased and play, just like I can Halo. It's ridiculous I have to "wait" on you all to get something going for me that shouldnt even be there in the first place. Punishing the good consumer for doing nothing wrong but trying to be a fan of a game and trying to play. We're talking about a six year old who is playing this game, you think any of this makes sense when we have never played the game? Brand new game. Can't play, he thinks I'm being mean. You all should have the right team in place to be able to fix this when it occurs and not make people or kids wait days if you all are going to force people to do these dubious steps to play your games.
Message 28 of 217 (3,073 Views)

Community Manager

@gerdon4uva 

The problem is that you're trying to use an old email you don't have access to. If you create a different gamertag and link it to a new EA account, you will be able to play.

Aljo.png
Message 29 of 217 (3,059 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo No I'm not trying to do anything. With Xbox it automatically logs you into whatever your gamertag is connected to there is no way to log into a different EA account to play the game. I ha e a current account I CAN log into. EA won't attach it to my gamertag. That's bologna.
Message 30 of 217 (3,042 Views)